(Closed) 2 Months To Go – What Are Your Beauty/Fitness/Health Routines?

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
2692 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I am about 2 months out as well and I have started prep.  I got my teeth cleaned a few months back and want to whiten but not sure if it’s in the budget.

I got my nails done and will keep them up for the wedding.  got my pedicure and will keep that up for the wedding as well (these are things I usually do though).

I started using an organic facial paste as moisterizer for my face and it helps with breakouts and keeps my skin smooth.  I am trying to grow in my eyebrows (I want them a little thicker).  Started a hair routine last weekend.  Even gave myself a trim.

I am going to be walking a bit more and I cut back on eating out and snacking this week (I don’t need to lose weight but want to lose maybe 5 lbs anyway and tone up).

JA week before the big day, I’ll be getting a facial and the day before, a massage.  *sigh* can’t wait.

Post # 4
4477 posts
Honey bee

If you have a juicer, veggie juice.  My favorite is carrot, ginger, lime.  I get lots of compliments on my skin when I drink it.  It clears up your skin, plus makes it nice and rosy.

Sweating’s the other one.  I do fitness boot camp 3 times a week, and it not only gets me in better shape, but cleans out my pores.

Post # 5
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Something that helped my skin was just drinking LOTS of water. It’s easy, cheap, and generally good for you, and it really gives you that ‘natural glow’ factor.

Post # 6
1577 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

16 days away, and I have been really diligent with washing my face every evening and moisturizing (olay revitalist). I have also been tanning, because itt clears up my skin.   I have been eating more carefully and working out extra for most of a year, and it shows. Our group insurance covers massage, so I have been goingas much as possible to help with my posture. And back in the sprinñmy Fiance and I did the Crest Whitestrips, and I think I will start again with those today (love my coffee)

I still want to go have a manicure (neve had one professionally done, btu I have been more dilignt with my cuticle at home), as well as get my hair trimmed.

Post # 7
1890 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

When I was 2 months out, I was cutting out carbs as much as possible and eating lots of fruits, veggies, egg whites, and cottage cheese.  I also worked out every day as soon as I got home from work–got home, changed, worked out for 30-60 minutes (weights and cardio).  If you feel pale, you can also start going tanning 3-4 days a week at this point.  You might also want to get your eyebrows waxed, and keep getting them done every 2 weeks or so to keep the shape right.  If you want to whiten your teeth, you can try crest white strips out and see how well they work.

You are lucky you have good skin, so just try to keep it up with cleansing and moisturizing.  It’s only 2 months that you have to really get into working on how you look, and when you get your wedding pics, which last a lifetime, you will realize it was worth it to spend a couple months making yourself more beautiful 🙂

Post # 8
5220 posts
Bee Keeper

• I began going to my dermatologist 6 months out and did some laser acne treatments to keep them at bay + my usual routine to ensure no huge breakouts!
  • I didn’t diet or up my exersize any but I did focus on more rounded meals and eating a tad bit cleaner
  • I did spray tans and also used hydrogen peroxide + baking soda as at home teeth brightening , just to amp up and remove coffee stains 
  • I did a shellac mani right before instead of acrylic nails, they looked really natural and nice!
  • About 4 days before I got eyelash extensions applied by hand that last about two weeks , if taken care of. They were awesome!
  • I did conditioning treatments for my hair ( I do these anyways, since it’s coarse)
  • OMG and how could I forget trimming nose hairs/ waxing eyebrows/ upper lip/ chin hairs! YOU get so busy the week of and leading up to the wedding that you’ll sprout a chin hair before you know it!  

Post # 9
8042 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@AuroraD:  I’d be careful doing the beauty overload thing. If your skin is looking good, don’t drastically change your routine. No new products, don’t wash your face more often unless you’re doing silly things like not washing makeup off before bed, etc.

As far as exercise goes, you could try what I’ve been doing for the past few weeks – squeeze some exercises such as squats in whenever you can. It sounds ridiculous, but when I go to the washroom at work if no one else is in there I will do a few leg exercises (like squats) lol. I don’t do so many that I get sweaty, but if I do a couple of sets of 10 a couple of times a day, it all helps. I’m noticing my legs feel a bit firmer already and a bit stronger (I can do these exercises much easier than when I started). It’s about the little things if you’re not a workout fiend.

I think sleep is huge… try to make sure you’re in bed early. I know it’s easier said than done, but I think everything is easier when you’re sleeping better. I know that when I’m tired I also start craving fatty foods more, I’m always shivering (I’m usually freezing anyway, but it’s worse when I’m sleep deprived), and the last thing I want to do is any exercise, and I let tasks pile up and get stressed out.

Post # 10
28 posts
Newbee

Working out, hardcore!

About 2 months ago, my fiance decided that he wanted to get in really good shape for the wedding. He works out all the time anyway but he decided he wanted to do a dedicated program to add some muscle before our big day – so I jumped on board with him! We started Jamie Eason’s LiveFit trainer (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html)  2 months ago and I am SO happy with the results. I have lots more muscle from the workouts, i’m drinking TONS of water, and eating really clean meals 5-6 times a day. I feel fantastic and when I tried on my dress again it fit better than ever!

Other than that, I’m not changing my beauty regimen…mostly because I don’t have one. I wear makeup maybe once a month and just wash my face in the shower when I get home from the gym after work. So far, so good!

The topic ‘2 Months To Go – What Are Your Beauty/Fitness/Health Routines?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors