(Closed) "2 of 1 guests will be attending"

posted 5 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 16
4767 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

pharmy:  Having a Destination Wedding and not inviting +1 is even worse.  If you didn’t want them there then you should not have invited them, don’t tell me the BS about that you are obligated out of necessity/courtesy, becasue if you follow that logic their +1s are also a necessity/courtesy.  You were rude, they are rude, you can be rude together.  Sorry, no pitty from me.

Post # 17
914 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

The best course of action is the call the guests in question for clarification.  If you have the budget/space the accomodate them, then that is up to you.  Are they going to be easily offended?  Will they refuse to come?  Will you care if they refuse to come?  

I am very much of the persuasion that you are not obligated to extend +1s to every adult.  My rule was that if I could name their significant other, they were invited.  if I didn’t even know they were dating someone, they weren’t.  

Post # 18
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

amanda.417:  That would be a lie. The OP clearly stated that there is room now that some people have declined.

Post # 19
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Just let them bring their SO’s. Why are their relationships less important than anyone else’s? Is it because you’re just inviting them because you feel obligated to? That you don’t happen to know their SO’s isn’t a good enough reason to omit them. The reason you don’t know their SO’s is probably because you haven’t bothered to speak with them very often. After all, they were only invited as a formality.

The topic ‘"2 of 1 guests will be attending"’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors