(Closed) 2 or 2.5 carat radiant or emerald cut?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: Hans Fahden Vineyards

I am waiting on one that’s a little over 3 carats, so while we’re waiting, what do you think of the two different cuts? I presume you’re interested in an elongated radiant, so a similar shape as the emerald? 

Post # 3
10041 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

Go for the emerald cut! They are so classic and elegant! 

Post # 4
1226 posts
Bumble bee

You could try looking through these threads on Pricescope

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/that-stone-is-radiant-collection-of-radiant-cut-stones-t159686.html

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/ec-s-show-me-some-life-t82527.html

Some posts have specs but others don’t.

Last year I had to decide between a radiant and an EC. I love the outline of both but went w/ the EC. I think a radiant is great if you enjoy lots of sparkle and a more electric feeling.  OTOH the EC is good if you like a more calm-appearing stone (the ‘hall of mirrors’ effect) & surprising intense flashes. To me the radiant is like a woman dressed glamorously for a NYE party and the emerald cut is more like the ‘sexy librarian’ stereotype.

You really have to look at them & try them on to see which appeals to you the most.

Post # 5
288 posts
Helper bee

Radiant Cut, approx 2.5ct, size 7.25

Post # 8
72 posts
Worker bee

This is a 2.3 ct emerald cut on a size 5 finger.  I tried it on but we ended up going with and elongated cushion instead (recatangular shape with lots of sparkle). Emerald cuts are so beautiful and classy though.  It was a tough decision πŸ˜ƒ

Post # 9
2527 posts
Sugar bee

Moissy4

2.5 ct (center) emerald cut Moissy with .33 sides (each). Size 8.5 I think…maybe 8.

Post # 10
24 posts
Newbee

View original reply
mrsluna:  Do you have pics of your elongated cushion? Would love to see it and may be a good option to consider if miss @beekay likes radiants?

Post # 11
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: Hans Fahden Vineyards

View original reply
ppresto:  haha I already thought you are awesome and then you drop an analogy like that? You win πŸ™‚ I’m the librarian, she’s the NYE date πŸ˜‰

Post # 12
72 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
stayclassystaci:  we were looking for a radiant for a while but just didn’t find the right stone.  This is a 2.75 cushion with a 1:15 L to W ration.  It sometimes looks pretty rectangular but other times looks a little more square.  I’m really happy with the shape.  Love seeing emerald cuts and radiants.  everyone post more pics! πŸ˜ƒ

Post # 13
72 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
ppresto:  these links 😳.  I could kill my whole day looking at them.  Wow!!!

Post # 14
24 posts
Newbee

That is STUN-NING…!!I knew it would be..I love elongated cushions, looks so perfect on your finger! 

Post # 15
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

2 carat square cut emerald on size 5.5 finger

my_asscher_3

The topic ‘2 or 2.5 carat radiant or emerald cut?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors