2 or 2.5 ct size 7

posted 12 months ago in Rings
Post # 2
569 posts
Busy bee

They really don’t look that much different in size on your hand.  I’d get the 2.5 ct especially considering your current ring coverage is close to the 2 ct.

Post # 3
207 posts
Helper bee

When i was a size 7 i got a 2 ct moissanite and was definitely underwhelmed. I would absolutely go with a 2.5. I’m a 7.5 finger now and recently upgraded to 3 ct. 

Post # 4
5863 posts
Bee Keeper

You say you don’t want to be asked about your ring by strangers. Well the larger the moissanite, the more attention it will garner and the more obvious it will be that it’s not a diamond. 

That being said, I’ve been asked if my diamond is real. I say, no, it’s a hologram. I enjoy the puzzled look on their faces.

Post # 5
1637 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

They look the same to me, so I say get the bigger one 

Post # 6
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2021

I nearly went for a lab grown diamond but wimped out at the last minute. I worry that a really big rock will attract unwanted attention?

Post # 7
5560 posts
Bee Keeper

A 3ct moissanite on a size 7 finger is THE perfect carat imo.  I have owned [no less] than 20 different settings purchased, created and sold over the years.  About 6 years ago I purchased a 3 carat moissanite on sale from moissaniteco.  I ended up selling it, and have regretted it ever since.  It WAS the perfect size.  You could wear it alone, you could stack it, you could put it into a guard.. it worked in every way, for every mood.

Post # 8
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

My finger fluctuates between 6.5 and 7. I liked the way a 2 looked on me, anything bigger felt too big. People say my 1.5 looks huge, and someone asked if it was a 2 in a very impressed way.

I think stone size is all personal preference. If you’re going to stack it with those 2 other bands, I think the 2.5 looks fine. The 2 looks good, too. If you’re going to wear it alone, I’d probably get a 2 in order to avoid a ring pop look.

Nice options! 

Post # 9
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2021

I think the concern about being asked if it’s real by people etc really depends on where you live and what the trends are in your area. Are you in a metropolitan area where bigger rings are the norm? I’m currently visiting with my in-laws in Mississippi and feel like my ring is normal in San Francisco where we live but it definitely feels like it sticks out here. Something to think about! But at the end of the day, I think the most important thing is that YOU should love it. You’re the one that’s going to wear it forever 🙂 

Post # 12
29 posts
Newbee

I’m a fellow moissy girl! I have an 8mm cushion cut solitaire, my ring size is 5.5. My fiancé picked it out and I love it. I say go for the bigger one! It looks beautiful on you. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors