2 or 2.5 ct size 7

posted 12 months ago in Rings
Post # 31
207 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@marriedalready69:  absolutely!! This was my inspiration set that finally made me do the 3ct so thank you 😊 

Post # 32
317 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: City, State

first is 2.5 cts.. s3cond is 1.79.. and my moonstone.. I’m going guess and say it’s 4cts..

Post # 33
6 posts
Newbee

2.4 ct on a 7.25 finger – natural diamond

Post # 34
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I dont see a difference between 2 and 2.5, so i would say go with 2.5.

I am a size 7 and i have a 2.06 ctw natural diamond and i love it. 

Post # 35
1463 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@a0123: If you are looking purely in terms of whether it makes sense to go up in size due to finger coverage, I would think of this in terms of what the impact of size on the face-up area (aka finger coverage) actually is, which can be calculated.

Since the difference in face-up area in going up 0.5 mm is pretty minimal (the difference is 12-13% for the sizes you are choosing between). So people aren’t going to notice a huge difference between a 2 carat vs 2.5 carat or a 2.5 carat versus a 3 carat if the stones aren’t literally next to each other. 

There is a bigger difference in going up 1 mm, comparing the 2 carat versus the 3 carat stone–27% difference in face-up area.

Difference in face-up area between 8 mm vs 8.5 mm round = 13%

Difference in face-up area between 8.5 mm vs 9 mm round = 12%

Differenc in face-up area between 8 mm vs 9 mm round = 27%

Of course, whatever looks best to you is ultimately what you should go with, but since you are thinking about how this will be perceived on your finger, I thought I should let you know that the difference in going up 0.5 mm is pretty minimal and people other than you aren’t going to notice a huge difference.

Additionally, people here talk about “shrinkage” and their experiences with this are totally legitimate, but everyone’s perception of size on their finger is different, so I would encourage you to get some cheap CZs to wear around to figure out what you actually like best on your finger!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors