(Closed) 2 questions on potential ceremony site …

posted 6 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@Stace126:  As far as the distance goes, I would test drive it. Wait until saturday around the time you suspect the ceremony will be over, and drive the route the reception venue from the church. If its 30 minutes, its definately fine. If its closer to 45 minutes its pushing it, but it depends on your guests. I know I commute further than that on a regular basis so it wouldn’t bother me. I would definately pick a different church if it is an hour away.

As for the second item, I would discuss the flag with the church. I see no problem with you getting married there, because you can tell your uncle that you didn’t hang the flag and to get over it (obviously there are much stronger things you could say, but for the sake of the wedding I would avoid fist fights 😀 ). But, the church might be willing to let you remove the flag for the duration of the ceremony, and you can just cite it not matching your decor/theme. Unless its terribly difficult to hang, I don’t see them having a problem with it, and you certainly won’t lose anything for asking.

Post # 4
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I hate to be a naysayer but I always get lost in Pittsburgh. I remember many hours of driving around, being able to see where I wanted to go, and not being able to find the road that went there. Even the GPS couldn’t figure it out. Anyway, definitely agree with the test drive!

Is the rainbow banner have a slogan referring to gay rights, or is it just a rainbow? Rainbows are in the bible anyway. Even if it wasn’t there, people will assume the same from it being a Unitarian church.

Post # 6
4192 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

I don’t see that drive being an issue-I’ve been to weddings where it’s taken 45 minutes before. Is it ideal? No, but people can deal with it. 🙂 Also-you could have someone hand out directions from the ceremony to reception.

Re: the banner- I have a feeling if your uncle didn’t have this to complain about, he’d find something else political to tick you off anyway, plus you’re really not going to spend that much time talking to him on the wedding day. The church might not remove the banner, since that is such a strong principle for them. If you and Fiance love the church- go with it!

The topic ‘2 questions on potential ceremony site …’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors