(Closed) 2 Questions…

posted 9 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
1091 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Oakland Manor

Could the fathers both wear black vests? So it would be groom – white, groomsmen – brown, fathers – black? or another wedding color?

I don’t know about your first question though, I have the same dilema with MOHs!

Post # 4
2681 posts
Sugar bee

I would list Best Man…Name and Best Man…Name.  Or if you are doing columns you could list Best Men and the names under.

For the tuxes, for my wedding both dads will be renting tuxes.  Our groomsen will be wearing teal vests and black ties.  I dont want the dads wearing the same so they will probably wear black vests and black ties, my Fiance will be wearing an ivory vest and black tie.  If your dad owns a tux he can still wear it and maybe rent a vest if its a color he doesnt own and then your Future Father-In-Law can rent a tux that is the same colors as your dad.

Post # 5
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I have two matrons of honor and I am putting that in my program like your first option, where they each have their own line. 

With the whole ffil and your fathers attire. I would have ffil wear a tux like your dad, but have them wear tie and vest that would not interfere with what the groom is wearing.

They did leave it up to you to decide and it sounds like you have done a lot to keep with tradition and make them happy, that this can be the one thing that they can compromise with is not sticking with tradition by having the fathers not match the groomsmen.  I am not having the dads look like the groomsmen because in my opinion they are not groomsmen so they don’t need to match. The dads are getting ties that are the same as the wedding colors, so whatever design they choose they are not matching but still similar.  I totally understand that it is a pain, my ffil wanted to match with the groomsmen but put an end to that right away!

Post # 6
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I would do Best Men (2nd example). It just sounds better to me.

I think it would be weird to have the fathers dressed like your wedding party. They should be distinct.

Post # 7
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Not sure about the best men.

My dad is wearing a different tie than the groomsmen. The groomsmen are wearing euro ties (regular ones basically) and my dad is in a bowtie. He wanted to be a little different. Future Father-In-Law is in his military uniform so i know it doesn’t help but I didn’t want my dad matching the groomsmen. Too much matchy mattchy with the bridal party 

Post # 8
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Have you actually done your program layout yet? 

Your layout may dictate how it goes. They both sound fine. 

The topic ‘2 Questions…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors