(Closed) FMIL is killing me! Just a bunch of shenanagins! HELP

posted 5 years ago in Family
Post # 3
32 posts
Newbee

@missmari387:  it seems like you are handling it really well. You say it seems like you’ve broken a rule by upsetting her, but she is upsetting herself. You need to stand firm and remain kind (which is something I obviously struggle with from the post you responded to). This is your wedding and yourartiste and it seems that you have been more than fair in addressing her concerns and allowing her to throw a reception of that’s so important to her.

Post # 4
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

She sounds liek she’s trying to control you, but doesn’t want to seem like she actually is. It also seems like she’s worried about getting upstaged by your “fancy” East Coast traditions. Sigh. In-laws. Silly. 

How the hell does she know who will come and who won’t?? Why on earth would you have 2 receptions? You’re right, that’s absurd. Have the wedding where you will want and the people who are most important will come.

Post # 5
481 posts
Helper bee

Oh my goodness! I don’t really have any advice, but I feel you… and I agree with PPs – just keep on keepin’ on. :}

The topic ‘FMIL is killing me! Just a bunch of shenanagins! HELP’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors