(Closed) 2 receptions in one day?

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

If she’s hosting this second reception, I think she should be responsible for sending separate invites to all who are invited (including those people you are inviting to the wedding/first reception).  I wouldn’t mention anything in your invitations.

Post # 4
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

I think that would be fun, it’s like a bigger after party for you. I would also let her do the invites, unless for some reason you wanted to you could offer. I would have her send a seperate invite for the other party, or just tell them by word of mouth.

Post # 5
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

If Mom is hosting, she needs to send out the invites. Let her take care of it and take the weight off your shoulders!

Post # 6
5890 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

just wanted to add that this sounds fun and in my opinion, very well orchestrated considering the scenario.

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Asparagus: I am in a very simiar position but a little different. We are also planning a small wedding with about 65 people. He is Chinese and his parents want to do a Chinese wedding banquet in addition to the reception. Most of his family is not coming to the ceremon/reception (they do not traditionally have a ceremony). However, his parents do not speak English, so I will be responsible for inviting my guests (his mom expects them to be there). What I am wondering is, what is the timeline for your day? I wanted to do a morning reception but the banquet is in the evening – 6-10 p.m.  How much time are you going to have between receptions? I live in Manhattan so there is lots for folks to do in the down time. How are you handling that for the people that are going to both events?

Post # 9
987 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I think it’s a little strange to be invited to a reception and not the wedding.  I can understand you don’t want many people at the wedding but I think that means you shouldn’t have a reception with other people either. 

I think if she wants to host something – she should arrange the entire thing and call it a party rather than sending out wedding invites. 

The topic ‘2 receptions in one day?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors