(Closed) 2 Registries Question – Tiny registry to Pottery Barn and a large one at Bed Bath & Beyond

posted 5 years ago in Gifts and Registries
  • poll: What should I do with my Pottery Barn Registry?
    Keep it! : (20 votes)
    83 %
    Ditch it! : (4 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 2
    4066 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    KP2015:  I’d keep it. I have 4 registries total – Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Macy’s, and Bed Bath & Beyond. Fiance and I like different things from different stores. We figured we have plenty of options between the 4 stores, and the products range from lower priced to higher priced. As a guest, I’d appreciate having different options of stores and price ranges to choose from.

Keep in mind that there will definitely be guests who don’t even purchase from your registies anyways.

Post # 3
    2995 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2008

I think registering at big box/department stores where there are tons of options at many price points is best, so I’d ditch the 10-item Pottery Barn registry and use whatever wedding money you receive to buy those towels for yourselves. But I seem to be in the minority, so take my advice with a grain of salt! 

I registered at Bed Bath and Beyond and Macy’s. 

Post # 4
    604 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
    KP2015:  We have a large registry at BB&B and smaller ones for Fiestaware and Amazon. I’d say keep the Pottery Barn one. Someone who loves that store would be more likely to buy from there vs BB&B and like the PP said, lots of folks won’t buy off the registry anyways 🙂

Post # 5
    2804 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

Either add more items to it, or get rid of it. As a guest who only buys from registeries, it is really annoying to go into a store and find out there is nothing left on the registery, and then have to go to another store.

Post # 6
    687 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2017

Keep it! I always open all of a couple’s registries in different browser tabs and look through all of them to choose my gift. Whether a registry has one item or one hundred items, opening the registry is the same amount of work (ie: virtually friggin’ none). If you like the towels, give your guests the option of buying you those towels!

Post # 7
    268 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

I would also say keep it, but we have the exact same issue going on! I really liked the towels and a few other things from Pottery Barn, so I only have 10 items on that one. But FH and I have about 35 items on our BB&B registry and we also just started an Amazon registry. I always look at all registries online before buying the couple a gift, so I don’t think it’s bad to do this. 

Post # 8
    1444 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I say keep it, but we were registered at C&B, BB&B, Target, and Amazon. We got our favorite versions of the items we wanted, and people had lots of options.

One other thing to think about is completion discounts (which all of our registries except for Amazon provided).

Post # 9
    592 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2015

Keep it! We had 3 registries – 2 larger ones (Crate and Barrel and Macy’s) and a smaller one (West Elm). Most gifts were purchased off the larger, more recognizable registries, but some of our friends purchased us gifts from our smaller West Elm registry.

Post # 10
    585 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2017

Just keep it. Maybe it has to do with my age, but I always use registries online. Even when I needed to buy an item in person because of time restraints (for a bridal shower), I still checked online, called a local store and bought it overthe phone so it was pulled from the registry immediately. I would never walk into a store with no idea what’s on the registry. Different generations, I guess.

Post # 11
    105 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

Keep it.  Younger guests tend to shop the registeries online, so store availabilty of items or how many are on the registry won’t be so important.  And even if nothing is purchased from that particular registry, having the Pottery Barn registry ups the possibility of you receiving gift cards for the store and at least should give you a discount should you choose to purchase the towels and other items yourself after the wedding.

Post # 12
    268 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    unicornphish:  Amazon just added a 10% completion discount to their registries. I just started one last night with FH and saw that they offered it. 

Post # 13
    1444 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
    AdkRCLove:  Damn! Our Amazon registry is still technically up, but since we were married over a year ago, I doubt we qualify.

Post # 14
    268 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    unicornphish:  It wouldn’t hurt to contact customer service about it! 

The topic ‘2 Registries Question – Tiny registry to Pottery Barn and a large one at Bed Bath & Beyond’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors