155 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2016 - The Estate on the Halifax

I would much rather prefer the solitaire! 🙂

Post # 3
    5218 posts
    Bee Keeper

View original reply
    Mrs_BunInTheOven:  I love the invisible setting! Invisible settings are a specific taste though. I’d say his best bet is the round solitaire.

Post # 4
    1189 posts
    Bumble bee

100000000% the single stone solitaire. 

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  blt982.
    Post # 5
    508 posts
    Busy bee

I’d pick the round solitaire. It’s such a beautiful, classic style and there are so many more options for bands, enhancers, etc. The cluster is nice but I know from reading previous posts that clusters can polarize people and so the solitaire is a safer option too.  

Post # 6
    9432 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

Haha, isn’t that your ring?

I think it depends on what her opinions are on square vs. round shapes and whether she wants a “bigger” look even if it’s with an invisible setting.

Post # 9
    1770 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

Solitaire for sure!

Post # 10
    355 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2002

Definately the solitaire.  I have an invisible set princess cut and it really bugs me as I can see the lines and tell that it is all little ones so I am upgrading to a solitaire.  I should have gone with quality over quantity…oh well you live and learn!!

Post # 11
    10572 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2013

Round Solitaire 100%

Post # 12
    4640 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

The cluster ring thing is really a niche market. I know lots of people who truly dislike them passionately and unless you know 100% that your girl friend likes that style, I would stick with the Round Brilliant Solitaire.

Post # 13
    693 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
    Mrs_BunInTheOven:  i’m going to be honest, i have an invisible set ring. that i LOVE. it looks like a 3 stone and has white diamonds surrounded by black diamonds. it’s one of a kind from a trunk show. i get more compliments on that than anything else i own. (it’s not my ering, btw)

but…I have had SO MUCH trouble with diamonds falling out. rings get knocked around more than say a necklace or earrings. & invisible set stones are not the sturdiest. they are pretty and they give the illusion of a larger stone for a lower cost. they certainly have their benefits. but its really frustrating too when every time you put your hand into your pocket, or dig your phone out of your purse, you have to check to make sure all the stones are accounted for. 

thankfully, i bought a protection plan when i got the ring, so everytime i lose a diamond, the store puts a new one in. for free. but still.. it’s usually a 2 week turn around. 

that being said, i don’t recommend an invisible set ring for an e-ring (or really any ring for that matter…or bracelet) … plus, a solitare is classic. can’t go wrong with that! 

Post # 14
    73 posts
    Worker bee

If she is more of ‘quality over size’ girl, I’d advise him go with the solitaire.  Unless size is a factor cluster would not be my choice. 

Post # 15
    3387 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    Mrs_BunInTheOven:  I think the solitaire is a more classic look.  It is also a much easier stone to work with if she would prefer a reset in the future, like a pave band, or split shank, or halo.

The topic ‘2 rings , one dilemma! Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors