(Closed) 2 Sister’s fighting over M.O.H spot! NEED ADVICE BADLY!

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Family is family, even when they run off with coke-heads and…. (yeah, that list is horrible). As a sister the most amazing thing you can do for each other is to be there no matter what, even when your sister isn’t there for you. It must have taken a lot for the middle sister to get past that to bring the eldest in as co-MOH. It might be time to swallow hard and tell them that you’re happy for the decision. (Maybe even consider having both be Maid/Matron of Honor at your wedding, too?)

Post # 4
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

@bythebook:  I agree, sisters are sisters, and you do have to respect that. But on the other hand, you do not have to condone or respect thier decisions. It sounds like 26 year old sister has  not been a family player, but she is still in the family. When there is a fight or a major decision to be made between something like this I usually pick neither to keep the piece. Personally I think it is her wedding and she gets to choose, but if it were me, because there seem to be so many emotions around it neither of you would be Maid/Matron of Honor and I would choose a friend.

Post # 5
366 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@globalmargaret:  I agree. I have two sisters and felt it was easier to just have them both be bridesmaids then have to deal with picking one of them to be Maid/Matron of Honor.

@GoldenBeauty2202012:  It may suck but its her decision. Either make piece with it or ask to just be a bridemaid and have your other sister be the Maid/Matron of Honor.

Post # 6
986 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

My sister’s are Maid and Matron of Honors.   One is married, one is single. 

Post # 7
2792 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I have two older sisters as well. In my oldest sister’s wedding, both me and my middle sister were the Maids of Honor.

At my wedding, my oldest sister was Matron of Honor and my middle sister was Maid of Honor.

There’s no way I could have chosen between the two. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having two – you do what you want at your own wedding! This way, both important people were honored and there were no bad feelings floating around 🙂

Post # 8
1141 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Yeah I agree, what she’s done is irrelevant, she is still a sister. You can’t put one in front of the other. Look at it this way it’s a lot of responsibility and you have someone to share it with. You should look at this as an opportunity for the three of you to get close. Everyone deserves a second chance. Your jealousy could ruin the closeness you have found with your sister. Having felt like an outsider you know how it feels, don’t make your older sister feel that way, give her a chance. Only thing better than having one close sister is having two:)

The topic ‘2 Sister’s fighting over M.O.H spot! NEED ADVICE BADLY!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors