(Closed) 2 Thank You Cards?

posted 9 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

Ooh, that’s a tough one. I know it’s not the most "proper," but I’d do what Mr. Joey suggests. I think people won’t really think badly of you for getting one thank you card for two gifts. 😉

Post # 4
636 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’d do two.  Just work on all the shower cards first and send them out. Then get started on the wedding TYs.  Then they’ll be a few days or a week apart.

Post # 5
5398 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I would totally do both thank you’s in one card.  I’m pretty sure you won’t have anyone complaining to you for not thanking them enough and if they do then poo on them!  Shoot, everyone knows times are tough, so it would also help to save on stamps. 🙂

Post # 6
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

If I were the gift giver in this case I wouldn’t expect 2 cards.  Just acknowledge each gift in your thank you note of course.  In the only a gift to you scenario write "I thank you for the lovely shower gift……" and "Mr. Joey and I thank you for the lovely wedding gift…"  

Post # 7
3331 posts
Sugar bee

I think because the two events are so close together, you can get away with doing just one thank you note, mentioning both gifts.  I know I wouldn’t be offended at all.

Post # 8
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I would say you’re probably safe to just do everything as one card, and just remember to thank people for both gifts! =)

Post # 9
2476 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I agree that you should just send one card and mention both gifts.  I personally wouldn’t mind that one bit… I don’t think it’s necessary to send 2 cards if they’re going to arrive on or around the same day! 

Post # 10
3316 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I would definitely do only one card.  If you send a card for a shower gift after they have also send a wedding gift, and do not mention the wedding gift, the giver might think you never got the wedding gift.  You need to thank them for both gifts, but it can go into one card.

Post # 11
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I’d say 2 cards.  After all, they did go out and buy 2 gifts.  Since the shower is smaller, it should take less time.  All my shower thank yous were done the next day!

Post # 12
952 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I’m sending two cards for my shower and wedding gifts, but  my shower is two months before the wedding. Since your events are so close together, I think the formality of two thank you cards are not necessary.

The topic ‘2 Thank You Cards?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors