(Closed) 2 venues…so new at this!! I really need advice!

posted 6 years ago in Venue
  • poll: The Barn or the Pavilion?
    The Barn : (29 votes)
    91 %
    The Pavilion : (3 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 3
    539 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Hmm that is tough. It is your wedding day, so you dont want to have regrets, but it is good to be watching the bill too. Do you have a full wedding Budget set yet? That might help you put it better in perspective. Like maybe you can have the venue you prefer if you get a budget dress. This might help you see what the barn is “worth.” If money is tight though you should figure out a budget quick! 

Both spots are lovely though!

Post # 4
    899 posts
    Busy bee

idk your financial situation but i would go with the barn, you already mentioning trying to dress up the pavillion and in the end the cost might even out, the barn is beautiful on its own.

me and my fiance are also young poor college students and at first i was looking into the cheapest options available and then little by little i’ve let it go. i’ve done a lot of researching and i don’t feel like im having a cheap college kid wedding at all. go with what you love! itll all work out!

Post # 5
    6741 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2014

Go with the barn and save that extra $750 on something else – maybe a little bit from everything else like, less on your dress, less on the flowers (the barn would probably look great with really big bunches of baby’s breath which is very, very cheap), maybe do an ipod instead of a DJ (if you didn’t already think of that), maybe less on the invites (DIY invites?).  

I’m sure if you listed your ideas for the rest of the wedding, the bees could help you come up with cheaper alternatives!

Post # 6
    2253 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@futuremrsk18:  +1

Go with the Barn. Though it’s a bit more expensive you can find ways to trim your budget overall to compensate for the cost. The Barn will go a long way in setting the ambiance to your wedding and reception. I definitely think it has more of the “wow” factor.

Post # 7
    1511 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

@bluefeather:  The barn is absolutely gorgeous!  I agree with mrsztobee in that you might end up spending significantly more trying to dress up the pavilion, so you might not notice much of a price difference in the end.  

Like futuremrsk18 said, you may be able to cut costs in other places.  I’d just try to figure out what’s most important to you and your fiance and go from there. 

Post # 8
    4656 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

The barn is sooooo pretty, no contest for me!

Post # 9
    7689 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

I sent you a PM.  Because you said that ” I think the fee would be do-able, but it would take us saving up and working a ton. It would also leave us less money for things like the honeymoon/new apartment after the wedding.if you think I could make it look cute, I’d like to do that>”

I really do think you could make it look great on a small budget, sounds like it would be much less stressful for the both of you.  

Post # 10
    177 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

I’d say splurge for the barn. You would probably end up spending the money you saved on the pavillion trying to decorate it. The barn would be a lot less work and they would probably end up being around the same in the end. Plus the barn looks super cute for a nice rustic style wedding!

Post # 11
    6221 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

I read the word SAND and said NO WAY. Go with the barn, even though it’s more expensive. It’s the much better option

Post # 12
    430 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013 - The Skinner Barn

@bluefeather:  If you went with the pavillion you would probably have to rent a tent in case of inclement weather. Otherwise a little rain might ruin your wedding day. I would look into how much the pavillion plus tent rental would be and then compare that to the cost of the barn. Because the barn is so beautiful, you wouldn’t have to spend as much to decorate it. You can probably make up the extra cost elsewhere.

Post # 13
    18 posts
    Newbee

Go with the barn, even though it’s more expensive. It’s the much better option

Post # 14
    7689 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

@bluefeather:  I wanted to say–if you wanted to do the same type set up, you definitely could on a budget.  I priced white framed mirrors at Target for less than $6.00 each,draping white tulle is very inexpensive and adding Christmas lights and silk flowers across the tops of the mirrors would be simple.  Less than $100 total.  Add potted plants outside along the aisle/rocks.  I have other simple budget decor ideas if you are interested.  I sent you PMs.  Does the 2nd space come with the use of the shepherds hooks in the photo?

The topic ‘2 venues…so new at this!! I really need advice!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors