2 wedding bands?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: The Retreat at Bradley\'s Pond

I have 1 band now and already know I’m getting the second as a present for our 1st anniversary- but I know some people used to get another band as a push present. 

I know you may like the symmetry but I like the idea of having something to look forward to. And it’s not as asymetrical as you may think. 

If you do both bands though- I wouldn’t have them separate- I’d go ahead and have them all soldered together ahead of time so it’s just one ring he’s placing on your finger that day. 

I have a friend getting married in December and she’s already wearing her entire set because she did just that … oh well!

Post # 3
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

taylorp :  Hi! I have two bands and love it! Right after getting engaged I knew I always envisioned a stack rather than just the traditional ering and wedding band. 

One of my bands is an heirloom style eternity band and the other is plain rose gold so it wasn’t double the cost but obviously more than originally thought. 

The day of the wedding we did take a moment to think about how, logistically, the ring exchange would work because I have two. What I ended up doing was wearing my ering and the plain rose gold band on my right hand and then having Darling Husband put the eternity ring on my left hand. It ended up being very simple and easy to navigate. 

I absolutely love having a little stack and am very happy I decided to pull the trigger on buying both (and also very fortunate that I have a Darling Husband who doesn’t balk at my requests). 

I’m not sure what area you’re in but if there’s a Long’s jewelers I highly recommend them! Darling Husband and I went to their summer sale and got great deals. Diamond rings were 20% off and non diamond bands were 30%

Hope this helps!

Post # 4
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - Edson Keith Mansion

I liked the two band look as well so I went ahead and got a ring guard. I don’t see any problem with getting 2 bands now–to me it seems arbitrary to pick a random date and force yourself to wait to get the set that you want. πŸ™‚ 

Here’s mine! 

Post # 5
Hostess
3992 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I will probably end up wearing 4 rings! in order from the base of my finger up:

Engraved rose gold wedding band (this is THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE)

1 mm white gold spacer

Rose gold engagement ring with white gold Tulip prongs and 7.5mm H&A moissanite 

White gold eternity ring with turquoise stones because I love what turquoise represents and always want to have some on me.

Post # 6
2145 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

taylorp :  I bought two wedding bands for myself! I love the icier look. My rings are mismatched to give my set a little personality. I did end up over spending because I chose eternity rings. But it’s what I wanted. I think it looks great. If you want two and you can afford two then by all means go for it.

As far as “one ring symoblizing the unity” I feel more strongly about the e-ring and his band showing that. I feel like the woman’s band is more like “deal closed” haha so with two bands it’s double sealed. LOL

My double bands:

Post # 7
2658 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

I’m going to be ordering a second wedding band because I don’t like how the one I have fits againt my engagement ring, so I’m getting a 1mm round ring to put between them to hopefully fix the problem. If you want the same thing on either side of your wedding band there are also those guard type wedding band that fit over your engagement ring.

Post # 11
486 posts
Helper bee

taylorp :  Yep! Just put it on my right hand with my ering and switched it over after we walked out. Full stack below (gap is intentional – plain band can sit flush against ering but I actually prefer a little separation):

Post # 12
349 posts
Helper bee

taylorp :  girl, you just do you!  I am sentimental so I would include them in the ceremony. I do. It have 2 bands I actually have a band that matches my husbands that was used as the ring he put on my finger and a diamond band that I wore on my right hand. My question is-are both bands the same just one on each side or different?  Not that it matters. But idk if u would ever choose to wear just one for any reason u could. If u got a wrap or enhancer u couldn’t do that. But I see nothing wrong with wanting 2!  Good luck and post pics!!!!

Post # 13
2928 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

taylorp :  I see nothing wrong or selfish with wanting 2 bands.  You could have your Fiance put all 3 on your finger during your ceremony.

A friend of mine now has 2 bands.  She got the first at their wedding and the other one last month for their first anniversary.  She has all 3 soldered together and it looks gorgeous.

Post # 14
244 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I have two bands because I’m a symmetry freak.   Can’t wait to wear them after I get married next Saturday πŸ™‚ These pics were from right after I picked them up from the jeweler while he was out of town.  I lose jewelry and didn’t have the key to the safe so I wore them until he got back.  

Post # 15
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

I wear 2, sometimes 3, bands. I found the 2 non-wedding bands for relatively cheap on Etsy. I just used the 1 “official” band in the ceremony. That’s the one I feel most sentimental about, and the others I like to mix/match, and may someday rotate out. The wedding band itself I’ll always wear.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors