(Closed) 2 Weddings to avoid a Funeral

posted 6 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
1606 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@BrideofGroomzilla:  What if you did that for a vow renewal five or ten years from now?

Post # 4
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@BrideofGroomzilla:  I think its a great idea to do the little ceremony on your honeymoon, if you’re doing the big wedding for him why would it be too much trouble for him to do the simple one for you? Its not like you’re asking to have 150 people flown there and a giant expense, just a simple cermeony of the two of you affirming the promise. The renewal doesn’t have to be 5 or 10 years later, a week, a day or however long until the honeymoon is more than good enough to have the simple intimate moment you want 🙂

Post # 6
9952 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I think it is awesome that guys are open to compromise… and not just flatly denying the other their wishes.

Vow Renewal can happen any time.  Including on the Honeymoon… now, or 5 – 10 years from now if you like.

The really cool thing about a Vow Renewal on your Honeymoon is you get to have the ceremony you have in mind… without the EXCESSIVE COST

Destination Weddings / Elopements in paradise typically cost a lot of money… (target audience)… Vow Renewals not so much

Infact if you shop around (GOOGLE for resources… such as “How Do I Marry in ___” … Look at the Official Tourism Websites for Wedding etc info … and read up here on WBee… or ask Questions on TripAdvisor’s Forums) you can probably find a really good DIY deal if the local resorts are asking for an arm & a leg

Example, Mr TTR and I married in Key West Florida.  The going rate at our resort was $ 2000.  We found someone to do it for us locally for around $ 300.  If it had been a Vow Renewal and not a Wedding it would have been even cheaper (no need for all the legalities / certifications then)

Hope this helps,

PS… I am an Encore Bride… first time round I had the BIG White Pouffy Family Wedding… and it was nice.  This time round, we had the Barefoot Beach “just the 2 of us” Elopement in Paradise.  Both experiences were good… this way tho waaay more less stressful (no family drama)… and very relaxing, and also super emotional… I cried when I said my Vows to Mr TTR… the day was just soooo darn wonderful.

The topic ‘2 Weddings to avoid a Funeral’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors