(Closed) 2-week European vacation in April – when would you TTC?

posted 4 years ago in TTC
  • poll: So what would you do?
    TTC in October/November and risk being 6 months pregnant for the trip : (4 votes)
    14 %
    Wait until December as planned and be no more than 4-5 months : (10 votes)
    34 %
    Wait until much closer to January/February/March to ensure you can make the trip : (7 votes)
    24 %
    Other/Wait until after the trip : (8 votes)
    28 %
  • Post # 2
    6699 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011 - Baby boy 12/2015

    anonybee0810:  TTC in December sounds like it won’t be too early in case you get pregnant first try or too late after the trip. Also, if you guys plan to share the news of your pregnancy to family, 4-5 months is a great time to share with the news. How exciting! Good luck!

    Post # 3
    144 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

    I don’t think it matters whether you are 3-4 months or 2 months, but I absolutely would not risk traveling overseas at 6 months. My doctor told me that after 24 weeks, I should not travel anywhere I was not comfortable delivering.

    Post # 4
    3378 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

    I’d wait until December – you might not even be allowed to travel oversees at 6 months (your doctor may place travel restrictions on you at that point).  4-5 months really sounds like the sweet-spot to travel anyways, since you’re hopefully not sick anymore, but you’re also not so big that you’re really uncomfortable.

    Post # 5
    1894 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

    I voted to wait until after the trip, simply because chancing being sick or tired or less than 100% while on an overseas trip sounds less than ideal. However, if you don’t want to wait that long, I’d do January-March

    Post # 6
    915 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

    4-5 would be perfect, but I was also okay with going when I would have been late 6 months. Before we booked our one week italy trip, we called my dad (a family doctor who also does OB work) and asked and he said that as long as we took precautions, knew I’d be more tired, knwe where to get medical help if necessary, it’d be fine. 

    We mc that cycle and are now pregnant again after three months, so now I’ll be about 14-15 weeks Which is fine. I’d rather be a bit farther along but it’s non-refundable haha. 

    So, i think you’re fine either way OP. After all, there’s no guarantee it will happen right away. 

    Post # 7
    9916 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

    Wait till after the trip, or try during the last week (if your cycle works out).  You might get terrible morning sickness, or food aversions, and that would seriously ruin your trip.  Part of going abroad is trying the delicious food, not to mention wine and beer.  I’d wait.  

    Post # 8
    8612 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

    We only tried in the same month as the vacation. I didn’t want to risk being sick/food aversions/MC etc on a long flight or in another country.

    Post # 9
    2299 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

    I’d want to wait until after a big trip like that- I wouldn’t want anything to get in the way of enjoying all of the food/wine/activities that a European vacation could offer.

    Post # 10
    14657 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

    I was in this situation before and I waited until the month of the trip/after the trip to TTC so there wouldnt be a chance I was pregnant ON the tirp.

    Post # 11
    3718 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

    We are in the same boat (but with Thailand and a little more flexibility in scheduling). We will start TTC in mid-November and if we aren’t successful by January,  we will hold off until after the trip. Our goal is to be early second trimester, after momorning sickness passes. 

    Post # 12
    569 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

    It really depends on how patient you are to TTC! When I was ready, I was READY, and I’m not sure if someone could have convinced me to wait too much extra time, even if their reasons were totally logical. That said, I’m currently 9 weeks pregnant, and have been soo sick for the past 3 weeks or so. I would not want to be on a trip right now, when all food is unappealing and I’m constantly nauseous/gagging/throwing up! So keep that risk in mind if you do try before the trip. There are so many unknowns though—who knows how long it will take, who knows if you’ll get much sickness, etc…..so be mentally prepared for all possible outcomes. Good luck!! 

    Post # 13
    3126 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2017

    I’d wait until after the trip. I hated being pregnant and for me I wouldn’t have enjoyed a trip nearly as much.

    The topic ‘2-week European vacation in April – when would you TTC?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors