(Closed) 2 Week Moon of Honey

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

We had 10 days, all in the same place, we could easily have stayed WAAAAAAAY longer!! BUT we were on a private island so it wasn’t like there was repetition of meals or dinner shows, etc like you would get at an all inclusive. If I were going to an all inclusive I would definitely break it up and switch locations (a friend of mine actually mentioned exactly this the other day, she had a 2 week honeymoon at an all inclusive and she said she wished they had switched resorts halfway). Where are you thinking of going?

Post # 5
3482 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Fiance and I are going on a 3 week Caribbean cruise πŸ™‚ Lots of islands to explore, but always a cushy room to return to at the end of the day.

It depends what kind of vacation style you prefer. Fiance and I went to Italy for 10 days while I was on Easter break at grad school, and we visited about 6 different cities. It was a lot of travel, and we realized after the fact that we would have loved to spend a couple more days in a few of the cities, but overall it was fantastic, never a dull moment. But we’re the type that can just pack a bag, hop on a plain/train/bus and take it day by day. There are lots of people for whom that spells out “nightmare vacation”.

Even so, if you’re going away for two weeks I would recommend going to at least two different places. As exciting as it is to jet off somewhere for some R&R, one week in the same place is usually more than enough for you to make the most of what it has to offer. Then it’s fun to try out someplace new.

Post # 6
1890 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

That sounds like so much fun!  If money and time away from work wasn’t an issue, we definitely would have gone somewhere like Tahiti and did some island-hopping.  We are going to the Mayan Riviera (near Cancun) and spending 5 days each at 2 different AI’s.  That way, we get to enjoy everything and don’t get sick of the food/entertainment!  Back when I was in high school, I went with my family and BFF down to the British Virgin Islands for two weeks.  We chartered our own boat and went to a different island every day, then in the last few days we went back to our fave spots.  It was fun, not boring, and a great way to spend 2 weeks!

Post # 7
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@cabanagrl9: We went to Belize (island is here). It was GORGEOUS but very low stimulus, it’s not for everyone, LOL! I think if you’re doing Tahiti then you should definitely island hop, I’ve heard that’s the best way to do that area. Oooh if you decide on Hawaii, maybe look into a rental property, I’ve had my eye on this place. I’m DYING to go. It would be an awesome place to relax but also rent a car and drive around to explore.

Post # 9
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@cabanagrl9: There’s TONS of great places on that site. Have a look and drool πŸ˜‰

Post # 10
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We did 12 nights – 6 nights in Maui and 6 nights in Kauai – We stayed at 3 different hotels!  Worked out perfectly!

Post # 11
3564 posts
Sugar bee

We did 2 weeks…we went to South Africa, Zambia, and Mozambique. The flight to SA is about 16-17 hours, so we really needed two weeks to be able to get there and enjoy our time there!

Post # 12
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@hilsy85: When are you going to post some photos of your Honeymoon lady?! I’ve been dying to see it!!!!

Post # 13
1510 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We went for about 2 and a half weeks and went to Maui.  We stayed at the same resort the entire time and just loved every second of it.  We were SO EXHAUSTED after the wedding that it took about 3 days into the honeymoon before we started feeling normal again.

Post # 14
3564 posts
Sugar bee

@bakerella: Haha I’ve been trying to !! But our honeymoon pics are huuuge files, and they won’t load onto the site πŸ™ Do you know a way to shrink them down?? 

(sorry to threadjack–bakerella, feel free to PM me if you’d rather πŸ™‚ ). 

The topic ‘2 Week Moon of Honey’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors