(Closed) 2 week straight , straight from the depths of hades, headache!!!

posted 5 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
2082 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@laekna:  Magnesium is good for headaches and to take on a daily basis as a preventative measure.

Post # 4
9074 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

If you have a headache for more than 24 hours, you need to see a doctor. It could be stress or it could be something else.

Post # 5
10568 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2011

@laekna:  Unless this is something that has happened to you before, I would see your doctor.  It sounds like it might be a tension headache.  I find a good RMT can help with those.

Post # 6
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Have you tried a new pillow? Changing your diet?

Personally spring is a bad time for me, I get headaches from sunlight so maybe the nicer weather is not helping you?

Post # 7
2073 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

When in doubt see a doctor.  There are so many causes for headaches, some very serious.  Sometimes, physical therapy can help but a doctor needs to rule out more serious causes.  At a minimum, a doctor can give you something (often non-narcotic) to lessen the pain.

Post # 9
1671 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@laekna:  OMG I just started a thread about this. I was taking CQ10 when I wasn’t pregnant to help with headaches…maybe try that.

Post # 10
10568 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2011

@laekna:  Then you’re a step ahead Laughing  It took me a while to find a good RMT.

I’d book two appointments, one for the massage and one for the doctor.  If your massage therapist recommends you come back a second time fairly soon, I would also stick to that advice (unless your doctor says otherwise).

Post # 11
2808 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

vitamin b12 might help. that’s what my neurologist told me to take after i’d had a migraine for 3 months straight and no amount of painkillers (even heavy duty narcotics) were helping.

Post # 12
67 posts
Worker bee

I have headaches that start in my neck and shoulders all the time.  ice works for me, don’t like it but is really does help. Might be worth a shot. Otherwise see a doctor, muscle relaxers and pain meds will help too!

Post # 13
3697 posts
Sugar bee

Please see a doctor, just to rule out anything serious. It sounds like you’re under a tremendous amount of stress and so that’s probably it, but you should get it checked out just to be sure.

The topic ‘2 week straight , straight from the depths of hades, headache!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors