(Closed) 2 weeks away and sister won't speak to me

posted 5 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

I am sorry you had to deal with this situation. I had a similar experience with my sister during my wedding preparations and I felt awful about it. But in the end, there is nothing you can do about it, (unfortunately) you cannot make people “rise above the pettiness”, if they really don’t want to. From what you have described, I don’t think your sister really cares about what  will make you happy, she just wants to be the epicenter of attention. Don’t let her upset you, continue to stand your ground on your choice about Maid/Matron of Honor and make sure you enjoy your wedding day! Best wishes!

Post # 4
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Frustrated2:  

keep things as is if thats what you want.you tried with her and she is being stubborn.

if you want you can have her as your matron of honor since she is married and have your other friend as your maid of honor.that is what im planning on doing.my daughter is my maid of honor,my bff is my bridesmaid,but she and my daughter have been there so much for me and my bff is helping my daughter with my partys ects,since she is married im going to ask her to be my matron of honor,she deserves it though.

i hope this will all work out for you and your sister grows up

The topic ‘2 weeks away and sister won't speak to me’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors