(Closed) 2 weeks before and pregnant…thoughts/advice?

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

I agree that the only people that knew at the beginning were our parents and siblings. We didn’t tell anyone else until 3 months.

Post # 3
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Personally, the only people I told that early are my parents. 

I would consider it too early to tell the vast majority, but that’s just me. 

You can still have a blast at your wedding. Have the bar staff mix you some non alcoholic drinks that look the same. If people question why you’re off the wine, tell them you want to avoid being tipsy at the wedding. 

Post # 10
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would just tell parents (if anybody) and the wait staff to make sure u don’t end up with champagne or liquor in your glass.  Either way, down the road someone is gonna do the math and it won’t matter because you’ll be married πŸ™‚

Post # 5
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I agree that I don’t think you need to tell anyone until after the wedding. And yes, just get your own drinks or have your hubby get you drinks all night and they can look like “mixed” drinks even though they won’t be. πŸ™‚

I also think your reason is perfectly valid: that you didn’t want the focus to be on the pregnancy yet. Hopefully, there’s no reason for anyone to get offended later if you offer up that reason especially since it’s very early in the pregnancy and you won’t be showing or anything yet.

Btw, congrats!

Post # 9
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Congratulations!!!! I’m happy you guys are looking at this in such a positive light! (and I hope you’re feeling well on the day – make sure to remember that carbs are indeed your friends and eat small, frequent meals to help with any nausea)

Agreed as to not telling people. You don’t want to take away from a day all about YOU to make it all about baby. Plus there is always that risk. We waited until 10-12 weeks to start really telling anyone.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, I found that the EASIEST day not to drink was my wedding day. I kept getting drinks and then someone else would come up who I had to hug, so I would put down the drink and then look down at the table and realize that I had no idea which one was mine – or I would forget about it completely because someone else was coming up to talk to me.  I would suggest you take that tack (though more on purpose).

Also like Jag’s suggestion – because who cares if you tell your event coordinator/bar staff.  Highly recommend Cranberry Juice and Sparkling Water. It looks like cranberry vodka and tastes AWESOME (plus good for those kidneys).  And people totally understand you not wanting to be tipsy on your wedding day.

Post # 11
1769 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

First of all, congratulations!

I’ve not been in your position, but I agree with PPs (about not telling non-essentials and fake drinks). A friend of mine from middle school just got married over the weekend (I facebook stalk) and announced her (very early) pregnancy the next day. She got a LOT of embarrassing and rude comments (man, you guys didn’t wait, huh! Must have been a fun wedding night!)…so just from seeing that, I would say wait a little bit to announce. I just think some people are so annoying and rude, and I wouldn’t want you to have to deal with obnoxious comments like that.

Post # 14
1431 posts
Bumble bee

I personally would wait. Enjoy being the Bride you only get that once and youll be a mommy the rest of your life!  Waiting a few more weeks won’t hurt anyone. Sip on some sparking cider and have a blast at your wedding. Congrats!

Post # 15
Hostess
7561 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

I would probably tell one person who could help you out – maybe your MOH? You probably won’t be getting your own drinks on your wedding day! 

Post # 16
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Congratulations–on wedding and baby!!! Such an amazing time in your life! πŸ™‚

I’ve always heard 12 weeks as the norm, for telling most people. Some choose to share with friends/family sooner but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with waiting until 12 weeks and just enjoying the wedding and honeymoon to their fullest in the meantime πŸ™‚

Good luck!

The topic ‘2 weeks before and pregnant…thoughts/advice?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors