(Closed) 2 weeks before ELECTION DAY!… What is your final decision?

posted 6 years ago in Legal
  • poll: Who will you be voting for on Election Day? Why?
    Mitt Romney : (134 votes)
    26 %
    Barack Obama : (311 votes)
    60 %
    Still undecided - will need to do more research : (12 votes)
    2 %
    I am not voting : (29 votes)
    6 %
    Other/write-in :) (Please explain) : (32 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    6743 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2014

No option for 3rd parties?

Post # 5
    1629 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

i picked other because of 3rd parties

Post # 6
    40 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2013

Yeah, I’m voting for Obama because I’d like the right to get legally married at some point in my life. 

Pretty depressing that the majority of the bees voting in this poll feel otherwise. 

Post # 7
    907 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

3rd party and no I don’t think its a waste of a vote bc I will vote for who I think will be a good presidenamd not just the lesser evil. Plus we need to really be open and included other ppl I’m these debates.

Post # 8
    6015 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: March 2012

@scampersand:  I can see how that would effect your vote … but that’s the only thing your basing it on?  I’m just curious

Post # 9
    907 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@scampersand:  

. I consider marriage a state issue not a federal one

Post # 10
    40 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2013

@sunnywoods It would be nice to consider marriage a state issue if there was a single state in the United States that had voted for it to be legal….additionally, currently under DOMA our marriage will not be recognized by the Federal government. 

@HisIrishPrincess No, not at all. It’s just an upsetting thing to see on a wedding/marriage community. 

Post # 11
    4893 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

I’ve heard (don’t know if this is true or not) that, if 3rd parties can get 5% of the popular vote, they’ll get serious funding in the 2016 election. So, while voting for a 3rd party this year won’t affect THIS election, it could mean something big 4 years from now. 

And I don’t like the idea of voting for the “lesser of two evils.” 

Post # 12
    4049 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

Even if marriage is a state issue, I can’t back someone who supports denying a portion of our population basic rights that are granted to everyone else. It’s a big deal. Not the only issue in this election, for sure, but it’s certainly a biggie.

Post # 13
    6015 posts
    Bee Keeper

I’m probably voting this week, we can vote early in my state.  The VP choice is what made me start to really pay attention, Ryan is a numbers guy and very focused on the budget, which I like, since we haven’t had one.  

Post # 14
    3886 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Voting for Obama. I like that he has been able to restore a lot of our credibility with other countries. I know there are still a lot of problems, but you don’t dig yourself back from the edge of fiscal collapse in just 4 years, especially when congress has refused to work with him for so many of these big decisions. Romney will be a step backwards, fiscally, and in terms of foreign policy, and I am terrified of the civil rights that would be lost under a Romney administration.

Post # 15
    6015 posts
    Bee Keeper

I’m terrified of the individual rights I will lose under O

Post # 16
    2961 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I am voting for Gary Johnson as I cannot and WILL not vote for the “lessor of two evils”. I think Obama sucks and Romney sucks even more!

The topic ‘2 weeks before ELECTION DAY!… What is your final decision?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors