(Closed) 2 weeks before the wedding and I’m breaking out!

posted 8 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
293 posts
Helper bee

YES.  I am obsessed with my skin.  Tongue out

First things first: do you have bangs?  If so, pin them back when you sleep.

Second, do you touch your forhead a lot?  Stop it, 🙂 

Third, are you breaking out, like whiteheads? or full-on pustules (the inflamed red ones, with or without a visible head)

If it’s whiteheads, I would do a deep cleaner, and then a mud mask.  Followed with a little steam.  That should get that sucker out of there.

If it’s a pustule, DO NOT TRY TO POP IT.  You could scar, and it’s not worth it this close to the wedding.  GO get some tee tree oil, and apply it directly to the pimple a few times a day until it goes away. But first, do a mud mask.  The one from the body shop is excellent.

Here: http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/facial-masks/prod808821

and they also have GREAT tee tree oil: http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/tea-tree/prod170278

Hope this helps.  Breakouts this close to the wedding are probably stress related, but the above suggestions can’t hurt.  🙂

Post # 4
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Ooh, I was in the same boat and it was terrible because I was breaking out on my arms, chest and shoulders too and planned to wear a strapless dress. BUT, by my wedding day, I was almost entirely clear (and the remaining red marks covered well and didn’t show much at all). I didn’t need to wear the bolero I bought “just in case.” Here’s the advice the Bees gave me: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/less-than-4-weeks-to-go-and-breaking-out-

I added zinc tablets and Alleve (anti-inlammatory) 2x-day to my regimen, and I took Doxycline and used prescription creams. Also, I was absolutely diligent about washing well and using toner. I also used acne masks every few days and went to a tanning salon a couple of times a week, not so much for the color as for the skin-clearing properties of UV light.

Good luck! Don’t give up hope!

Post # 5
1403 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

The last thing you want to do is start rubbing your face raw with soaps and stuff.  Also don’t pick at it!  Don’t touch your face with your bare hands.

Have you ever tried any facial cleansers that contained salicylic acid or banzoyl peroxide before?  If so, if one of those worked for you before, buy something over-the-counter to use.  Don’t overdo it though, because you could over-dry your skin and make things worse.  If you’ve never tried a cleanser with one of those active ingredients before, now is NOT the time to experiment.  Some people have had mild allergic reactions to them, and there’s a chance your face could be red and irritated on your wedding day.

At two weeks before, you could go in for a facial, and allow your skin to heal up on its own before the wedding.  That may help a bit.

If all else fails, do what I did, and wear extra makeup!

Post # 7
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Another one — as much as you can, stay emotionally calm, sleep well, drink lots of water. The spikes of stress hormone caused by lack of sleep or anxiety can cause your pores to clog further. If things go wrong, skin, wedding, or other-wise, take deep breaths and talk yourself down.

I notice huge differences in my skin based on stress!

Post # 8
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Maybe it’s bacterial like mine was…at 2 weeks out, I went to the Dr and got some Minocin (antibiotic).  6 days away, and my zits are gone!

The topic ‘2 weeks before the wedding and I’m breaking out!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors