(Closed) 2 Weeks Late – 4 Negative HPT!

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
5107 posts
Bee Keeper

@shinebrightlikeadiamond:  Periods can be delayed for many, many reasons. Perfectly healthy, clockwork women will randomly have a hiccup of a 60 day cycle. If your urine tests are negative, it’s not likely that you are pregnant. It’s not your body that makes the HCG, it is a growing fetus. No growing fetus? No HCG. (There is a slim possibility that you are one of the rare women that does not secrete HCG through urine… but, I dk, it’s rare, lol) I would say continue testing with first morning urine for the next couple days, and if no go in about a week, you should try to make an appointment with a doctor.

Are you TTC? If not, what are you using for birth control?

Post # 5
5107 posts
Bee Keeper

@shinebrightlikeadiamond:  Well, you asked, and I gave my thoughts…. I haven’t seen many of those stories, although I know they happen, on the TTC boards. Either way, good luck.

Post # 8
4150 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@shinebrightlikeadiamond:  I agree with ChuckNorris – periods can be delayed for a number of reasons even for someone with a usually normal cycle.  On the TTC boards, we all analyze our cycles like crazy and often we see people just have a wonky cycle once in a while for no apparent reason.  I’m sorry you’re dealing with this – I can imagine it is frustrating.  I would keep taking an HPT weekly until you’ve gone 60 days without a period and then call your doctor.  Hope you get an answer soon!

Post # 9
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@shinebrightlikeadiamond:  My coworker was over 2 weeks late and just got her period this past weekend. She thought for sure she was pregnant

Post # 10
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I just went through this. I was sick when I should have been ovulating, and hence my period was nearly 2 weeks late. I was just about to call my doctor for a blood test. Wouldn’t hurt to get a blood test though.

Post # 11
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@shinebrightlikeadiamond: ,  @ChuckNorris: was just doing what she always does on these boards, which is giving great and informed advice and trying to help! You don’t have to be snappy just because she told you something you obviously didn’t want to hear.

OMG! You’re TOTALLY pregnant! :O

The topic ‘2 Weeks Late – 4 Negative HPT!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors