2 Weeks Late, Negative Tests.

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
2807 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

By the sounds of it, it is more likely that the pill is messing with your cycles slightly. If you have stopped and started it, you won’t be in a regular pattern. The symptoms you describe can also be PMS or side effects of the pill.

I would go and get checked, but I suspect the pill isn’t right for you. You might do better with non hormonal contraception.

If you used a condom as well as having some pill left in your system the chances of you being pregnant are super slim.

Post # 3
488 posts
Helper bee

You had sex during your period, using a condom and on the pill. The good news is there is literally zero chance of pregnancy. Even just one of those factors is birth control enough.

You don’t need an ultrasound or bloodwork. Your symptoms are very common when starting to take the pill, as you know they are also the symptoms that occur right before your period, which will probably be any day now. But it wouldn’t hurt to keep the appointment, to discuss another form of birth control as it seems the pill doesn’t agree with you. 

On the pill I didn’t have a period for two years. 

Don’t be scared, bee. Its literally impossible you are pregnant.

Post # 4
3731 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I would keep the appointment for peace of mind, but when I first started the pill, I skipped my first period too. It’s pretty common especially since you’ve stopped and started it in such a short period of time. You’re messing with the hormones in your body, which is likely why you’re feeling nauseous and have sore boobs. 

Post # 7
2807 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

justausernameiguess :  Sweetie you still would have had some pill in your system so it could delay your period.

It sounds to me like PMS that you are experiencing so I should think you will see you period arrive in a day or two.

Condoms are effective contracception if used correctly (which is sounds like they were) Please so do worry. The chances are so slim. I still think it is just the pill in your system which has thrown your cycle out.

Post # 8
9447 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

It’s most likely just late because you didn’t finish you pack and it threw off your cycle.

I highly highly doubt you got pregnant ON your period, with a condom. It’s like, not possible.

Post # 9
488 posts
Helper bee

justausernameiguess :  It stays in your system for a few days. You can go a week without taking in fact, hence the week of sugar pills. 

Post # 10
2021 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Your cycles are just messed up befxause of the pill. You’d have a positive test if you were pregnant. 

Post # 11
6443 posts
Bee Keeper

I think it’s just because the BC pills tried to force your cycle on a new schedule and now that you’re not taking it, your body is trying to readjust and it just hasn’t started your period.

Post # 12
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

there is pretty much zero chance you are pregnant.

Post # 13
9447 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

pancakes11 :  that’s not entirely true. It depends where in your cycle you miss the pill. I believe mine said if you missed a pill the first or second week you should use a backup method for 7 days. You can’t just randomly not take a week of BCP and assume you’re not going to get pregnant.

Post # 15
488 posts
Helper bee

Westwood :  That’s true, but she used not one but two back up methods. That is enough. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors