(Closed) 2 weeks left and I hate my week of coordinator…what do I do? (long..sorry)

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
Hostess
11168 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@staceynrick: I have zero confidence in her for the day of.

Then there is absolutely no point in keeping her, and I mean that in full honesty. If you don’t have faith to give her the reigns and take over then it will be like not having one at all.

If you can eat the $500 I would say look for someone else, even a day of planner would be better than nothing. They still meet with you in advance and will discuss your vision etc.

Post # 4
878 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

This sounds awful- I’m so sorry you are dealing with this person.

I think it sounds like a bad idea to let this person continue “serving” you. She has not showed responsibility and therefore you can not trust her to carry out your wedding vision.

It seems from what you are telling me that you need to pull out the contract and figure out a way to fire her and recoup some money in the process during a direct confrontation.

Sit her down (bring someone who can bring some fire) lay out all the things she SHOULD have done and has not done- (perhaps things that have been verbally agreed upon or written in the contract) tell her you have no faith in her abilities to help you- tell her she has not done anything significant so far.

The good news- you can ask for “half” of the money back ($500) and play along that she has received $1,000.

Post # 5
2158 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I agree with PP.  Honestly, the point of having a planner is to make your life WAY easier, not to add stress on top of everything else.  You need somebody you can trust, and if it’s not her it’s probably better that she isn’t there at the wedding.  I’d suggest just asking friends and family to help out from here on in to cover her slack.

Post # 6
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I can totaly understand being so upset with your wedding being so close. If you feel you cant trust her then you need to do somehting about it now. But I am confused about what duties she had, if I am reading it correctly she is the week of coordinator? Is it common to email and get advice from a week of coordinator? (I did not have one so please forgive me if I am way off base) If she is a professional I can see why she thinks you don’t have too much to set up I would think she is use to setting up A LOT of stuff.

The topic ‘2 weeks left and I hate my week of coordinator…what do I do? (long..sorry)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors