(Closed) 2 weeks left and sooo much to do…I’m in trouble!

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
46374 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Take lots of deep breaths, make a list and start approaching family to help out.

Post # 4
1660 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@fillinmom – I am so touched that you’re helping your best friend’s daughter like this! You have already done so much in just a couple of weeks.

What is the reception venue like? Indoor or outdoor?  How many people?  Is it a cake and punch reception or do you want a meal?

I always love flowers for decor… since the wedding is sort of in the fall, you could do inexpensive flowers like mums. Either a small plant on each table (that could be taken away as a favor) or single stems in bud vases. You can get cheap bud vases at the dollar store, thrift stores, or donated from friends… milk glass bud vases look especially gorgeous with just a single flower stem in each. Usually they cost anywhere from .50 to $2 at thrift stores. You could ask friends to help you gather them up. If you like that look but have trouble finding them, you could always spray paint clear or colored vases white with a can of glossy paint.  Actually spray paint in black and white might be very helpful to unify items vases, candleholders, etc. donated from friends.

Is there anyone who could go in and set up for you guys?

I think it would look pretty to have a square of black fabric (solid, b/w polka dot, damask, etc.) on a white table cloth with bud vases (clear or white) and white flowers.

Flowers are inexpensive at Costco, Trader Joes, and other grocery stores can special order.

White christmas lights, tea lights, and paper lanters are usually pretty inexpensive. The christmas lights could be borrowed from friends.

Music – I’d see if you can borrow a sound system from a friend with a band and/or a church or even just a stereo and use an ipod or laptop playlist. There are lots of playlists that other people have created for their weddings online. I’d delegate this to a friend.

Food – I’d probably stick to cake and punch, but other options might be potluck, gourmet pizzas, or BBQ.

Good luck! Whatever you end up with, I’m sure it will be nice.

Post # 5
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - A church in downtown Nashville

This is a wonderful thing you’re doing! Something that I read was that sometimes it’s the cheapest decorations that can make a big impact.. if you can fill up the room. I think balloons would be a great option, do a cluster of 20 per table, all white would be so elegant, and then twist the strands together (or not if time doesn’t allow) and weigh them down with a brick wrapped in white tissue paper with a black bow to look like a gift. You can rent helium cheaply at your local party city and have a couple people do them quickly. 

Good luck!!

The topic ‘2 weeks left and sooo much to do…I’m in trouble!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors