(Closed) 2 weeks til the wedding and I'm freaking out! (long)

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 4
3399 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

if its any consolation…you dont look large to me…or even pregnant!!!

The only thing I can suggest is instead of thinking ‘I wish I was smaller on my wedding day’ why dont you replace it with ‘ i wish i felt healthier and radiant for my wedding day’

Concentrate on thinking about having shiny hair, healthy nails and radiant skin.

Take steps to make you feel radiant on your day.

1. buy a lovely deep conditioner for your hair.

2 manicure your nails.

3.moisturise and cleanse your skin often.

4. drink loads of water.

5. eat healthy non processed foods

6. take supplaments and vitamins

7. go for small walks to clear your head  of stress.

Its about changing your attitude….doing small things like this can make you feel better on your big day.

I would also beleive your fiance when he say he thinks your beautiful!!!!

Post # 6
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

My two cents:

Your arms look fine, really and honestly. I was thinking that maybe you would have a bat wing or something back there. lol seriously though your arm looks youthful and porpotioned proportioned to your shoulders and waist. Plus the skin on your arms and back look clear and beautiful.  Also, I don’t think you look pregnant. An empire waist dress is meant to come up under the bust and flair out.

I agree that the steps you should take now should be small. Any crash diet in attempts to lose weight in the next two weeks might make you appear tired, drawn. Not exactly the picture of a lovely bride if you ask me.

I think the advice given by cmsgirl was great. Beautiful hair, nails, professional eyebrow shaping, taking care of your skin are all things that will make you look radiant on your big day. Not being 15 lbs lighter.

Post # 7
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I once read something in an exercise book that was focused on living a healthy life, not looking skinny (which for many people can become unhealthy as well), and the book made a nice comment that you shouldn’t put off things or feel bad about yourself because you’re not where you want to be appearance-wise.  If you never wear a bathing suit because you haven’t lost those pounds you hate, then you’re missing out on your life.  I understand the need to vent and everyone occasionally has insecurities about his/her appearance.  The key is to not let those insecurities prey on your mind and hold you back from enjoying the special moments in your life.  So my advice would be to keep working on being healthy every day, and to love and be happy with who you are at the moment too.  You will be a lovely bride 🙂

Post # 8
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I totally understand where you are coming from. My wedding is just one week from yours, and I am 5’5″, 195 pounds. The heaviest I’ve ever been in my life. I beat myself up for months, thinking that I am a huge failure for not being able to lose some weight before the wedding. I even put off going dress shopping until about two months ago (luckily, I still ended up with a beautiful dress, on such short time). But I finally realized about a month ago that I wasn’t going to be a size 12 for my wedding, no matter what I did, and the only person who thought I was fat and ugly was me. It’s important to stop beating yourself up and start focusing on your beauty! Your Fiance thinks you’re gorgeous just the way you are, and he’s right. You just have to start believing it yourself!

The topic ‘2 weeks til the wedding and I'm freaking out! (long)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors