(Closed) 2 weeks till rsvp deadline -waiting for half our RSVP's

posted 5 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Mrscdnnavywife:  From everything I’ve read here it seems like you get a mass amount like the week of your deadine. I guess the ones you don’t get you should contact to see what their response is. I dread that part! I also thought our friends would be the slowest at RSVP but it does seem backwards here too. I’m also surprised at how half the Bridal Party hasn’t sent theirs back. LOL 

Post # 4
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Ours are due back next week, and we are still waiting on 50% of them too. The worst part is I know most of those will be no’s….so why couldn’t they send them earlier? So frustrating, I am afraid the no’s just won’t send a reponse at all. I paid for that RSVP card and stamp, at least put it in the mail!

Post # 5
268 posts
Helper bee

I’m in the exact same spot! Its frustrating cause I kep seeing people and they; be like “oh, I should probably send you back that rsvp!”

and then we laugh

and then weeks pass, and still no rsvp. come on, people!

Post # 6
1030 posts
Bumble bee

Our deadline is less than 4 weeks away and we’re missing about 70% of the rsvps. Majority that are missing are our friends and my FI’s family.  They are very last minute so I’m sure we’ll wind up reaching out to them BUT our friends?  Some are even in our bridal party.  What’s up with the delayed responses? 

Post # 7
533 posts
Busy bee

I seriously think some people don’t even understand they are supposed to send their RSVPs back. I’ve had relatives pass on to my mom if they are coming or not. Honestly, I really am not up to date on wedding etiquette, but really…? There is a little card with checkmarks and a self addressed, stamped envelope in there for a reason!

Post # 8
361 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

(I raise my hand tentatively…). I AM SO one of those ppl that forget to RSVP… which will totally bite me in the ass… Karma is a bitch.  It is entirely possible that people are busy, and that people forget.. and, that people don’t understand how important it is to RSVP…. I truly hope ppl RSVP by the deadline for you!

Post # 9
55 posts
Worker bee

I have gotten 10 back out of the 100 we sent. Not to mention all of those stamps, and the fact that I addressed every one to us.. I dont know why it’s hard to put it in the mail box.. Hang in there, hopefully we will all get a huge amount the day they are due. Or I will be calling every person that got an invitation to ask whether or not they plan to come, this could get awkward.

Post # 10
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Haha….good luck ladies. Mine was due this past Monday and I still had a ton out. So I’ve been texting/FB’ing/ calling like crazy. People just don’t get it!

Post # 11
Hostess
2636 posts
Sugar bee

@Mrscdnnavywife:  hahah well I have FIVE days till dead line and I need 75% of the rsvps in. My family is the worse, i guess they assume I know they are coming! If they don’t rsvp by the deadline I am picking their meal choice!

Post # 12
1030 posts
Bumble bee

@Mrscdnnavywife:  Did you receive more RSVP’s now that your almost at the deadline?  I’m at the two week mark now and am missing A LOT.

Post # 14
268 posts
Helper bee

My deadline is tomorrow and we still have 16 cards missing fir 26 guests (well, 18 if you count the two people who texted us that they are coming. sigh)

I’m a little frustrated cause we gave them such a long time to respond already and we are moving in two weeks (which is why we put our deadline extra early..we wanted all the cards in before our address changed!) so I dont have time to be chasing down everyone.

I’ll send an email tomorrow to all the stragglers.

One of the couples who hasnt responded though just got married in MARCH. she should know what this is like! I have no idea why they havent replied yet :/

Post # 15
755 posts
Busy bee

I’m waiting on 85 people…deadline is tomorrow. I think I’ll be making a lot of calls this weekend 🙁

Post # 16
268 posts
Helper bee

oops double post

The topic ‘2 weeks till rsvp deadline -waiting for half our RSVP's’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors