(Closed) 2 weeks to go and an RSVP issue

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Should a 16 year old in a relationship for one month be given a plus one?
    Yes : (2 votes)
    2 %
    No : (90 votes)
    98 %
  • Post # 3
    9627 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2019

don’t give them the plus one, your FI’s parents have already gotten away with inviting way more than they were supposed to, don’t let them get away with this too! I hope they are helping pay! (sorry just guest RSVP issues irk me, annoys me how people think they can just invite whoever they want to to someone ELSE’S wedding)

Post # 4
    1330 posts
    Bumble bee

That is totally crazy! If that were my kid, I would tell him to suck it up, buttercup, or leave him at home and just go.

This is not normal….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that enough exclamation points…lol-Sorry, I have two teenaged boys..15 and 19.

Not once have they ever said anything like that and never would I cave to their simpering…do it once, you do it forever. They are the parents, they make the rules!

Post # 5
    715 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I would probably cave too to avoid the family drama, but in answer to your question, no a 16 year old in a one-month relationship should not be given a plus one.

Post # 6
    4355 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Ya no way. Unless every 16 year old you invited got a plus one too, then don’t worry about it. They can choose to stay home if going without their date is that much of a tragedy.

Post # 9
    1849 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I think that’s all BS and a half. Sorry your inlaws are a little insane and run with a similar crowd. If that entire family is failing to RSVP because of their one entitled kid, their loss.  

Post # 11
    635 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

You don’t have to invite the girlfriend of a 16 year old. He and his family are being ridiculous. Does he generally side with his family like this?

Post # 12
    2281 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Absolutely NOT. This little relationship of his will be gone once school starts, and you’ll have had to have a stranger at your wedding instead of your own friends?

We had some people try to manipulate us around the same time, and we just kept saying NO. Some came, some didn’t, but we didn’t end up ever choosing strangers over friends, which is what mattered most to us. 

Post # 13
    1849 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@anonymous123:  Please don’t cave. DO NOT let your Future Mother-In-Law walk all over you. You’re a bride less than 2 weeks before the wedding, and they failed to RSVP. You can give 50 reasons if you don’t want to actually take a stand on the issue. Gave final count to caterer, can’t rearrange seating at the last moment, can’t pay $100 more for her to be there, can’t deal with it now because it’s seriously not a priority. They should have RSVP’d or contacted you personally without starting family drama. 

Post # 15
    4355 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@anonymous123:  Me by accident! My stupid mouse jumped as I was clicking. So don’t worry your results are 100% NO.

The topic ‘2 weeks to go and an RSVP issue’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors