(Closed) 2 weeks to go and SHINGLES!?!?

posted 7 years ago in LGBTQ
Post # 3
3166 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

omg, that’s terrible – shingles is HORRIBLE. I really really REALLY hope you have a speedy recovery, that’s such an excruciating and terribly-timed affliction :[

Post # 4
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Oh no! Sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery!

Post # 5
2018 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I’ve had shingles only once and it was right before a big trip.  Horrible. My derm gave me prednisone and they cleared right up in about two days.  Is there some reason your doc didn’t prescribe anything like that for you?

Post # 6
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Fiance got shingles last year, once he finally took his butt to the doctor & started taking the med’s (I want to say he got a shot too) the pain got better after a few days.. Hopefully yours will clear up quick & the pain will go away.

Post # 7
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Hopefully your Doctor prescribed medication to help with the pain, it can be really debilitating.

Try to relax as much as possible, stressing is a factor with shingles. Hopefully you will be pain & sore free come your wedding day.

Post # 8
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Does lysine help?

Post # 9
1077 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Two weeks should be time for it to heal, hopefully.  Try not to stress and get lots of rest since those are the things that tend to bring on the shingles.  Maybe you can rush order a looser fitting reception dress just in case?

My date is two weeks away too, and I’ve been taking Acyclovir so that I don’t end up getting a stress-induced cold sore.

Post # 10
3601 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

This is one of my worst fears. Here’s hoping you get cleared up.

Post # 11
3982 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have had it before. It SUCKS! But be lucky it is on you side and not your face like mine likes to manifest. Just go ahead and head to the Dr. Put on that topical meds swallow your pills. It should be gone in a week or so. Also ask for that wonderful hydrocodone… it is the only way I made it through my shingles. For me it was headaches ON TOP of the sensitivity. So, I understand how much it hurts and really feel for you! I hope it clears up!!!!! Again, just talk to your Dr. They can help it clear up (or atleast take away the pain) quickly!

Post # 12
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

my boyfriend got shingles about a year ago and he took the meds; but also went to a chiropractor….most people think chiropractic is about back pain but it also boosts immunity so your body can in a sense heal it’s self…he also took a supplement called Agrisept…you can google it but it’s the pure extract of a grapefruit…it helps boost immunity…tastes like gasoline but I put a few drops in some juice whenever i need to get over something…hope this helps!

The topic ‘2 weeks to go and SHINGLES!?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors