(Closed) 2 weeks to lose 10 pounds

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Honestly, the best thing to do is cardio… And stick to water or unsweetened iced tea rather than soda, juice or other sugary drinks.

I personally like running but, if its not your gig, head to target or walmart and by a fitness jump rope… Anything to get your heart rate up. If you jump rope for 2 minutes straight, take a break for 1 minute, jump again for 2 minutes, take a break for 1 minutes (you get the idea) for 15 minutes morning and night, the pounds should just come off… And then of course making sure you don’t eat past 7 or 7:30pm.

Hopefully that helps… Now, if I could only take my own advice, maybe I could lose the 10 pounds I gained over summer too Wink

Post # 4
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Water water water. Stay away from salt and eat mostly protein. 10 pounds in 2 weeks is hard to do but good luck!

Post # 5
355 posts
Helper bee

I highly recommend getting a copy of the Jillian Michaels DVD “30 Day Shred”.  After doing it just a week, I feel more toned and my clothes fit better as a result.  I haven’t yet weighed myself to see if there was any movement on the scale.  You can probably find it at Borders here in the City if you don’t have time to order on Amazon.  It’s broken down into 20 min workout segments. 

Post # 6
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

Not to be a wet towel, but I’m not sure that there’s a healthy way to do that. Maybe you can lose a lot of water weight, but meh.

Post # 7
828 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Yeah there’s not a healthy way to do that. 

Post # 8
6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

EJS has posted a low sodium diet on here somewhere that she did for 5 days before her wedding and she lost 7 pounds of water weight for the wedding day! (higher sodium content means your store more water) of course you will gain this back as soon as you start eating sodium and drinking water again but it may do the trick!

I know she has posted it on the boards somewhere but I can’t find it right now!

Post # 10
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2009

buy a different dress!

Post # 11
900 posts
Busy bee

Four pounds in two weeks is reasonable and possible.  A pound a day is not.

You might want to consider a backup dress.

Post # 12
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

lots of water. don’t eat after 7 PM. avoid snacking and exercise. It may not get you to 10 lbs. less but you’ll lose some!

Post # 13
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

Oh yeah, try some Spanx as well. Maybe a combo of all of this stuff will do the trick?

Post # 14
3098 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

ooooh yeah, Spanx works like a charm! I’d do that and lay off anything with sodium. 

Post # 15
4382 posts
Honey bee

Oh, and this will sound gross, but make sure to avoid anything that’ll make you constipated. You need good fiber for pooping, but not so much as to make you retain water. This whole food thing is a pain in the butt. (No pun intended…lol)

Post # 16
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

yes you can do it but it takes work

use up more calories than you put in so cut sugars, fat, dairy out of your diet – lean protien only and lots of water to flush out the system and at least 30mins of exercise per day but i prefer one hour in the morning and another hour in the evening of exercise, even walking and add a hill or three into it is good for you.  oh and size portion control is very important

but be wary if you really cut back on calories – i always get dizzy when i cut back but still do strenuous exercise

be wary of salts and fluids – but you dont want to dehydrate either.. do not dehydrate as that is dangerous

goodluck

The topic ‘2 weeks to lose 10 pounds’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors