(Closed) 2 weeks to the wedding and still no dress :(

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1011 posts
Bumble bee

I’m sorry to hear that.  Do you think you could get shoes/accessories at places with good return policies?

Post # 4
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would ask to speak to the manager/owner of the shop, and ask her how she can help you with the dilemma. However, it isn’t totally the shop’s fault. Even if it had come right on time, it would have been pretty late at one month before the wedding.

Hopefully she will be willing too help!

Post # 5
1765 posts
Buzzing bee

@futuremominlaw:

Wow! 

I would be worried about it now!  I ordered my MOB gown from http://www.keepmeinstitches.biz which has a “brick and mortar store” in PA/NJ area.  I had my measurements taken locally and asked them what size I should order and because it was in stock, (within 2 months of the wedding) I was able to get it shipped.  I am not sure what day it came in, because I was out of state at the time.  I had a week to have it altered, and I got it altered within a couple of days, when I returned.  (I had an immediate family member die).

Good luck!

Post # 6
581 posts
Busy bee

I’d probably go looking for a back-up dress.  You deserve to have an outfit you are comfortable with.  Go shopping asap and hold it aside.  You can always return it, unworn.  This kind of stress is awful.  Best wishes with everything working  out.

Post # 8
2634 posts
Sugar bee

Yay!  Glad it came in!  That was too close for comfort IMO.

Post # 9
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Keep us updated.  Had a similar problem with some of my Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses from DB that needed alterations and came in pretty close to the wire!

Post # 10
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Keep us updated.  Had a similar problem with some of my Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses from DB that needed alterations and came in pretty close to the wire!

Post # 12
1403 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I think the mothers go through the same dress stress as the bride!  Have you found your shoes and accessories to go with yet??

Post # 13
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m glad it’s here and congrats on your weight loss.  I would rather pay $75 to have it taken in, then to have to let it out!

Post # 14
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Oh, I feel for you and so sorry you’re having this dilemma! This is why I love Nordstrom’s.

Post # 15
581 posts
Busy bee

I’m glad it’s in and it’s being altered.  Kudos to you for trimming yourself up some.  At least you won’t be naked at your son’s wedding!   Wink

Post # 16
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m sorry to hear that you are going through so many hoops to have your perfect dress for the wedding!

But look on the bright side; toning up and losing weight so that you need to have your dress taken in isn’t much of a “bad thing”! Congrats!

The topic ‘2 weeks to the wedding and still no dress :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors