(Closed) #2? Where are you?

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Colace and drinking tons of water helped me somewhat, but ultimately what helped me the most is backing off the Zofran. I was so miserable that it was a ‘pick your poison’ type of deal, and ultimately I needed to poop more than I wanted to avoid puking. I didn’t stop Zofran completely, but I did start cutting them in half. So sorry! That was my least favorite part of the first tri.

Post # 4
4582 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I get the unflavored version of the “fiber crap” and add it to fruit smoothies.

Post # 5
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Magnesium relaxes muscles, and I’ve started taking one every other night before bed. Acidophilus too (which you’re getting from the yogurt)

I’m still going every day, but barely anything! and I used to be such a good pooper. Lol! It’s really getting to me. I don’t understand where all the food I’m eating is going. I always drink a herbal tea in the morning and chill out for a half hour before eating breakfast. that can help too. and walking helps.

good luck, I hope something works for you soon!

Post # 6
3718 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@cowgirlace:  Lots of warm water, decaf coffee, and high fiber veggies. Beans, broccoli, and bananas help.

Post # 7
4272 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Apples, water and walking. Stool softener prescribed by doctor.

Post # 8
1401 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I used dolcalax..,. the OB told me to take it with my zofran…

Post # 9
861 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

i used ducolax too! Also, are you taking pre-natals with iron in them? Because those are also terrible for constipation! I switched to a gummy pre-natal with no iron, which also helped!

Post # 10
1575 posts
Bumble bee

I used milk of magnesia (liquid), surprisingly didn’t taste bad. Also, strangely, going to a chiropractor really helps. Even if I don’t go for days, every time I come home from the chiropractor, it’s like clockwork.. Haha.

Post # 11
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

Bananas, hot lemon water, and dried fruit bars.  For me I think it was the Tums that was causing the crazy stoppage.

Post # 12
887 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

hooo boy, I remember that :/  Still sneaks up on me sometimes too, at 20 weeks. The only things that helped me were exercise and coffee. 

Post # 13
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Fiber!!  Eat lots of veggies.

And as crazy as it sounds try singing low tones opening your mouth really wide to relax your sphincter.  Ina May Gaskin(the goddess of midwives) says a relaxed mouth means a release in your sphincter muscles allowing you to…. flow.

I feel for you though!  I was only eating bagels and any other carb for weeks 5-9.  Got a bagel belly with a baby underneath somewhere.  Its finally subsiding.  Hang in there!

Post # 14
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2004

EXERCISE!!! 

honestly the only thing that could get it oving was to get my ass moving!! everytime i was constipated i would go for a walk/jog/run and by the time i got back i had a poo waiting for me!! i would go for an hour and honestly it works wonders.. definetly use gravity to your advantage..

Post # 15
1190 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Not the healthiest option but McDonalds Big Mac. I felt AWFUL on our Christmas drive back home (7 hours!) and I finally had a Big mac and it got things rolling and man I felt like a 1000 bucks!!

I also second the water. The more I drink the more regular and less gassy (MAN those cramps suck!!) I am. 

Post # 16
Hostess
8145 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

i dont know how much caffeine you are able to have, but i always found a big cup of coffee helps!  and lots of wate..  I have fiber gummies. They are delicous. just like gummy bears!  🙂 and also I got VERY desperate at one point and bought Fleet suppositories… i have yet to use them because they scare me. they GUARANTEE “results” in 1/4 to and hour….  Obviously you’d have to check if they are safe for you! 

The topic ‘#2? Where are you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors