(Closed) #2? Where are you?

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 17
1272 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

i used to have this problem all the time before I was pregnant – for some reason pregnancy has reversed the problem (but gone a little too far the other way… ugh!).

but, i used to think i was doing the right thing by having bran cereals and bananas, but when I told my Naturo about my diet they were the first things she removed!!! She switched me to oats and apples instead – and I became more regular straight away.

The other thing for me is exercise – if I’m really blocked up, 20 mins walking of the treadmill often (but not always) gets things moving along.

Hope you find a solution – it is NOT fun!

Post # 18
8037 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@cowgirlace:  magnesium citrate? i was reading about it yesterday and it’s supposed to act as a laxative.

Post # 21
861 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@cowgirlace:  Awwww hang in there! I had a really tough first trimester with the severe nausea and constipation and exhaustion! It’s not all fixed yet, but it def gets better.

Post # 22
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

A little bit of prune juice goes a long way! It’s the only thing that works for me… and you only need a couple of sips… diluted in lots of ice it’s not so bad…

Post # 23
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@cowgirlace:  Ask your OB if they can prescribe you Phenergan in addition to the Zofran.  It might make you sleepy (about as much as Benadryl) but isn’t as constipating, so maybe you can take that at night?  Good luck!

Post # 24
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I have IBS with chronic constipation.  Pregnancy, and then taking Zofran, only made it worse.  Nothing helped, and I do mean nothing.  Suppositories got some shit out (literally) but it was not the “natural” rememdy that I was hoping for.  I am 19 weeks now and I have been off Zofran for about 3 weeks.  This past week I had my first “normal” (read: not rabbit turd) bowel movement for the first time in 3 months.  yep, it sucks.

Post # 26
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@cowgirlace:  Yeah, I would rather be constipated than nauseous.  You might just have to wait it out.  You could try taking Phillips milk of magnesia… it might work.  And if you are up for it, you could try eating alot of blueberries and drinking alot of hot tea.

And if you get anything to work, let me know!!

Post # 28
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’ve had this problem throughout my pregnancy as well. Some days it has been so bad, that I have spotted from my cervix after a complicated Bridesmaid or Best Man. A PP mentioned bananas but my doctor told me to avoid them altogether. I have found that kiwis get everything moving. If I have a bowl of raisin bran and a kiwi when I first wake up, I feel better and usually am able to “go” shortly after breakfast. This isn’t a fun part of pregnancy, I feel your pain. Good luck!

The topic ‘#2? Where are you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors