(Closed) 2 wks until RSVP deadline. We sent out like 99 invites or something …

posted 9 years ago in Beehive
Post # 3
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

People like to put things off. I know I’m guilty of waiting til the last minute to send an RSVP. I wouldn’t worry about it. 14 days is a long time, I’m sure you’ll get many more RSVPs in that time.

Post # 4
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I agree! I think that I got the majority of my RSVP’s in the last two weeks, and especially right around the due date! Also expect to get some the few days following the due date too! 

Good luck!

Post # 6
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i think someone usually follows up, but i don’t think that happens until after the deadline or very shortly before! i wouldn’t worry just yet!

Post # 7
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I have ALWAYS heard the whoa’s of people stressing about not getting the RSVP’s back until right before the deadline or even not getting them at all.  In which case they have to call each and every person to get a verbal RSVP, such a hassle!  I don’t think people mean any harm but they forget, or don’t realize how important it is!  Not only are you gonna be waiting with baited breath to see who’s gonna come and who isn’t, but the caterer needs this info too!  Yikes, I hope they all start strolling in soon, but just in case, get the phonebook out! 

Post # 8
1064 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I had to call people, you shouldn’t worry about it now, in RSVP world 2 weeks is an eternity, people can be just plain rude, my best friend didn’t even send it back till a week and a half after it was due, i mean really, so just sit tight.

Post # 9
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

We invited 240 and only have about 95 coming. Most of our guest will have to travel–some a few hours, some a long plane ride… Not sure if your wedding is local for you or not… Most of the people who were coming rsvp’d. Pretty much everyone that we had to contact after the rsvp deadline were not coming, but had just forgotten to send their response in.  People are weird! But I think 80-100 people is actually the perfect size for a wedding… Big enough to be a party, but small enough to where you actually get to hang out with everyone. 🙂

The topic ‘2 wks until RSVP deadline. We sent out like 99 invites or something …’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors