(Closed) 2 Year Anniversary trip to Phoenix/Peoria, AZ

posted 6 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
1670 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

The weather in Oct might still be a little hot but it varies year to year.  What kind of things do you want to do?  There is a strip of restraunts and bars in Peoria around Bell rd and 83rd Ave that is always fun.

Post # 5
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

If you guys like outdoors-y stuff you should hike Camelback Mountain. It’s pretty popular and it’s not too difficult of a hike, and the weather isn’t usually TOO bad in October, especially if you go early in the morning.

There’s a lot of good, higher-end restaurants opening here now, but several of them are in Scottsdale, and I don’t know if you want to stay specifically to the Peoria area. If you guys like Italian food though, I recommend going to Guiseppe’s on 23rd, it was featured on the food network. It’s a teeny little place in a strip mall but it is AMAZING. They definitely don’t serve their food on china though lol. There’s a lot of little amazing Mexican places here too.

Downtown Phoenix is pretty cool to go walk around, you can get to the light rail (above ground train) and take it down there. There’s a science center and the art museum and even if you don’t go in them, the architecture in the area is pretty cool, and there’s frequently some kind of festival going on around there.

Even if you’re not into baseball, it’s worth going to a game at Chase Field, it’s a very unique stadium and a fun time.

Post # 7
1210 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@PrncssDva:  Culinary Dropout in Scottsdale is one of my favorite places to eat 🙂

Post # 9
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

There’s another place in Scottsdale that my Fiance and I love, it’s inside a hotel and it’s called Distrito. It’s tapas style food that is kind of fusion mexican/south american. It’s a great place to go with family.

The topic ‘2 Year Anniversary trip to Phoenix/Peoria, AZ’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors