(Closed) 2 Year Engagement But Wanna Plan NOW!

posted 9 years ago in Emotional
Post # 32
3364 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I got engaged July 2010 and have been planning/saving since! =) We are getting married Dec. 2011!

Post # 33
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Haha! LOVE this thread! I am not getting married until April/May 2014, and I got engaged this past March, and I have been planning away!

I have actually found that starting to plan during my long engagement early is a blessing on the wallet! We haven’t put down any deposits or anything yet, but I am doing my research, clipping our pics and wedding articles, and am narrowing down a cohesive mood and theme for our wedding.

The best part about this is, is that I am able to figure approximately what everything is going to cost, and really save for it. Being able to afford what we want not only comes from having a long time to save, but from knowing what we want.

So plan away 🙂

Post # 34
1489 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I got engaged Christmas 2010 and I have gotten ALOT done already for our wedding. There is no harm in looking but make sure to consider your Fiance when you make final decisions.

Post # 35
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

Again, I love this thread. I think we’ll appreciate our weddings that much more! Things I am doing at this point in time to prep for a 2013 (most likely Dec) wedding:

Collecting airmiles points for the honeymoon

Saving bits at a time– after tuition next semester, we will pretty much be home free to start seriously saving

I emailed the venue we’re interested in to make sure they do allow winter weddings

Fiance says not to do anything yet, but I feel I am going to think about it anyways, so I may as well feel productive. This is my late night indulgence– wedding bee and endless gawking at wedding rings/decor ideas.

Post # 36
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

we are doing our vow renewal in NYC in 2016 we have 4 years BUT I will be looking at venues in NY and will book the venue as early as they will let me because we are on a strict budget and in NY phew prices can soar lol!!!!

The topic ‘2 Year Engagement But Wanna Plan NOW!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors