(Closed) 2 years, but I already have the dress? Advice!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1037 posts
Bumble bee

@swtlulu2007:  It’s a beautiful dress.  If you know for sure it’s the one then you could buy it now and if something changes down the line (your mind about the dress and not your FH) then you could always sell it and put the money to a new one.  If you  know it’s the one then chances are it will still be the one 2 years from now.  I would take a chance 🙂

Post # 4
826 posts
Busy bee

@swtlulu2007: Have you tried on the dress? some brides will buy a dress and later have dress regret bcuz they never stop looking and will always question is this the one? i think you should try it on and if u love it buy it but you shouldnt look at any more dresses..

Post # 6
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

This is a very beautiful gown, but I agree, you need to try it on. You may not like it so much once you do or it may confirm for you that it is “the one”. I purchased my gown a year and a half prior to my wedding and I do not have dress regret, but I did try it on before purchasing it. Like you, I knew exactly the look that I wanted, so as soon as I found it, I went with it. I won’t lie to you, I have seen a couple of gowns since that I would have liked to have had the opportunity to try on, but I just go back in my mind and remember how I felt when I tried my gown on for the first time. If you try this gown on and love it and can get it for a good price and you aren’t a habitual mind changer, then I would get it.

Post # 8
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

The one I fell in love with online was FAR FROM the one I ended up with. You must absolutely try it on first.

Post # 9
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I just echo what other women have said…definitely try it on.  It’s amazing how different dresses can be in pictures v. real life.  That said, I got my gown 15 months before the wedding, and I have no regrets about it!

Post # 10
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Ditto what vmec said!

Post # 11
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Definitely try it on and even try on a few others while you are there just to see what they look like.  Thats the fun in it. 

That very well may be your dress but it doesn’t hurt (before purchasing) to try on a bunch to see what you like in person!

Post # 12
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Try it on and if you love it, buy it. But you have to STOP looking at wedding dresses after that.

I got enaged in April 2008 and found/bought my dress that summer.  And then we had to postpone the wedding until April of 2010. So I had my dress for two years! I tortured myself with pictures of other dresses and almost bought a different one a few months before the wedding. I’m glad I stuck with my original choice but I had a lot of time to 2nd guess myself.

So don’t do what I did! Stay away from pictures of other dresses! 🙂

Post # 13
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

First: could that model be making a more unattractive face?  Good lord!

Second: You’ve gotta try it on to know for sure.  Also, Allure is a VERY well known, popular bridal brand- I’m willing to bet that even if they cycle through several more seasons of dresses, you’ll still be able to locate this dress in 18 months.  🙂

Post # 14
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

I just got mine this weekend and I’m about 14 months out. (Maybe 13, we are thinking of moving it to Feb 2012.) My mom said, “Do you think you can beat this?” And I said No. I don’t. 

I was in the store trying it on though. So yes, try it on. If you love it THEN, then I see no problem in buying it early.

Post # 15
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@swtlulu2007: Try it on. You love it on the model. You may hate it on yourself. That’s the only way you will know.

The topic ‘2 years, but I already have the dress? Advice!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors