(Closed) 2 years married, and told him I never felt in love

posted 5 years ago in Married Life
Post # 137
2425 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Miss Sardine:  If you didn’t love him why did you marry him You shouldn’t marry a person you are not in love with. If you don’t love him when you were engaged? how did you expect to love him when you were married? Love doesn’t work that way. 

Post # 138
688 posts
Busy bee

Miss Sardine:  “He says the feeling will come back to me because of all we’ve been through and we’ve been together so long.”

The feeling can’t come back to you if it was never there. Poor guy only thinks this because you led him to believe it was there at a point (“when I first told him I loved him I didn’t feel it”).

“We are so young, I think I can find someone I really love, and he can find someone who really loves him and will have a family with him”

Bingo. 🙂 

“To walk away from a perfectly good thing. Any suggestions? Anyone break up a perfectly good marriage with the best husband that everybody loves?”

…Except his wife? It’s not a perfectly good marriage when one person is in love and the other is not. This isn’t just about you and what you get out of it. If you care about him, I would let him go like you mentioned above. The sooner the better. 

Post # 139
212 posts
Helper bee

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I don’t think people can understand it unless they live it but if you want to chat you can message me.

Post # 140
723 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Miss Sardine: I know this thread is 7 months old but OP, I’m super curious to know how you’re doing. I am in a similar situation. If you still check in on Weddingbee, please update us!

Post # 141
1770 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

The topic ‘2 years married, and told him I never felt in love’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors