(Closed) 20 20 episode on childhood schizophrenia

posted 8 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Thanks, Bamboo! I just set my DVR. I too saw this family on Oprah and was fascinated. I’ll watch it when I’m done on the Bee!

Post # 5
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m watching it as well! I am a social worker who works with adults with mental illness and some of them have children with mental illnesses as well, so this is very interesting.

Post # 6
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I’m watching this right now.  It’s so interesting and sad what these poor families and kids go through.

Post # 7
711 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m watching this while baby sitting a teenager with autism. It’s mental health night!

Post # 8
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

i also work in the social wok field and have clients that are like this, its really interesting, i feel so bad for those children, i cant imagine what there going through. i also feel bad for thier siblings who have to deal with all fo that.

Post # 9
937 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m watching it too! It’s so sad. And disturbing. I feel badly for all involved. 🙁

Post # 11
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

the worst part is the freaking insurance companies that deny the coverage after awhile and kick these girls out of the hospital when they shouldn’t be kicked out.  More reason to have public health coverage for everyone.

Post # 13
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I am watching it too!

I am an elementary school teacher.  We have a few students with mental illnesses, but nothing of this magnitude.  We also have a large number of students with mental and physical disorders and disabilities.  I am always surprised at how quickly people jump to judgement when it comes to children with mental illnesses, like schizophrenia.  But those same people often say to me, “Oh, I just love Jimmy.  Children with special needs have a place in my heart.” 

The topic ‘20 20 episode on childhood schizophrenia’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors