(Closed) 20-25 pounds by the end of August 2011…

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I am not sure! I hope it can though because that is what I am trying for 🙂 I am trying to eat healthier and make sure I exercise daily!

Post # 4
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred!

I’ve lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks.

Just do it for more than 30 days and you’ll lose as much as you want.

Plus limit your calories to 1300-1500.

Good Luck

Post # 5
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I lost 20 pounds in about 9 weeks on WW. 1-2 pounds a week is healthy. It’s quite possible depending on how much weight you need to lose. Are you at a healthy range already? Those who are close to their healthy BMI and weight, lose slower than those who have a lot of weight to lose. Make healthier choices. Drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies, get in activity whenever you can. Seriously. Even if it’s dancing the salsa in the shower for five minutes. 🙂

Post # 6
500 posts
Busy bee

It is totally doable. It will take dedication, will strenght, and support. Weight watchers helped me loose and keep off 50 lbs. I think it works really well when you have a group of friends who do it with you. That way you can have the emotional support from those closest to you.

Post # 7
4311 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think some type of program to help you learn how to eat is key.  Portion sizes are so arbitrary in my head its not even funny.  WW works for a lot of folks, but still you’re measuring your own food.  I just ordered Nutrisystem & am doing it with my hubby (even though he truly does not need it IMO) and that type of program for me is more consistent with my active lifestyle.  Jenny Craig works that way, too.

80% of being overweight is because of what you eat.  I’d say 20% of it will come from exercize.

Good luck to you!

Post # 8
180 posts
Blushing bee

I am starting a boot camp program for the summer hoping to lose 20-25 myself. Its do-able, you just have to be commited and work out hard!!

Post # 9
1732 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

It’s doable, but make sure it’s healthy.  If it comes off too fast, it will just come back.  1-2 lbs a week is healthy.

And never forget your Fiance loves you just as you are!!

Post # 10
2442 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

It’s doable.  Be very careful about what you eat.  You can still eat healthy/large portions, just be sure to eat low calorie everything along with exercising.  Fill your cupboards and refrigerator with low calorie options so that when times get tough you won’t be tempted to pig out on the bad stuff.  Try tracking your calories online.  Good luck!

Post # 11
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

if you want  to figure out you bmi, or body fat % or waist to hip ration (they have lots of calculators) go to healthstatus.com

i”ve been doing zumba (the dvd) and watching my portion sizes. i eat a bowl (1cup)of multi-grain cerrios(they are so good) with 1 cup of lowfat or skim milk in the morning, a yogurt for a snack, then lunch is usually just a meat or something good for you, then another mid-daysnack (something like a string cheese, or a type of veggie) then a regular dinner, but i just watch my portions and dont eat the bread or taco shell. I only zumba 3 times a week and have lost 18 lbs in 6 weeks. im sure if i really stepped it up by doing zumba 5 times a week and not eating the way i do on the weekends, it”ll come right off.

Post # 12
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

also, you can count calories and all the nutritional facts at myfitness pal, or download it on your phone through the andriod market (i’m sure its on other networkds too) the phone app has a neat scanner that will scan the package of what your eating,  easy peasy lemon squeezy.

The topic ‘20-25 pounds by the end of August 2011…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors