(Closed) 20 days – can't I just sleep through them?

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
933 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Instead of housekeeping projects, how about watching TV, surfing the internet, and preening? I think those will be more fun distractions.

Post # 4
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Awh! I know exactly how you feel!!! I have a very strong suspicion that come 1 August I will no longer be waiting 🙂 I casually mentioned my ideal proposal to him the other day (come 1 Aug my ideal proposal won’t be possible) and since then he’s been holding on super tight to his iPad and cell phone – even when I wanted to play the games I normally do. He also decided to let me know that he thinks I need to spoil myself after payday – go get a haircut and do my nails… Uhm… Totally not normal behaviour on his part!

Post # 6
22 posts
Newbee

This is bizarre, I feel exactly the same way! check out my post from yesterday ‘2 months max. To wait……etc ‘ and you’ll see how much I feel the same way! I say 2 months, but I’m almost positive he’ll do it within the next 30 days! It’s all of a sudden become EXTREMELY hard to wait, and I thought it was hard before! How on earth do you take your mind off the most exciting expected-surprise of your life?!!

Post # 8
276 posts
Helper bee

20 days!! That’s exciting though! I hope they go by fast! 🙂 good luck sweetheart!

Post # 10
124 posts
Blushing bee

Eeek I’m in the same boat!  The waiting seems ike it’ll never come to and end..but when you can finally put a time limit on it and actually see a proposal happening it’s such a crazy, surreal feeling!  

I’m going home for a family gathering in September and SO and I have talked about how I don’t see my family often, let alone my ENTIRE family in one place.  I told him that with all the engagement talk over the past year, I’d be really disappointed if we hadn’t taken that step by then so I could share and celebrate that weekend with my family.  So that means I’d be engaged in less than 2 months! AH! We’re going to Boston in 2 weeks and my birthday is the 20th (SO loves to make a big deal of birthdays)….I’m crossing my shellac-manicured fingers! Innocent

Post # 12
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I hope it will go by fast!!! Laughing  I have a family gathering this weekend but i dont think my bf will do it yet even though he has the ring!!  He may next weekend where the trip to barharbor maine is where we are hiking.  I am trying to focus on other things and i haven’t said anything about engagement for like almost two weeks.  I think your soon to be FI will surprise the hell out of you!!  Just focus on other things like excersing and going out with girlfriends and stuff like that.  That is what i am doing.  So far it is working.  So i hope it happens for you!!  Laughing

Post # 13
808 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

The final 2 weeks of my wait was really hard….and then, like you, I had the fear of what if he makes me wait even longer!  I don’t know what I did those last few weeks!

Hope you have good news soon!  

Post # 15
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@ColoradoGirl:  You can do it!! I know it is sooooo hard. You helped me out when I was “onedaybride” so hopefully I can help just a little.

You have the same worries as I did–what if I am building this up, etc. Of course that is always a slight possibility, but you probably aren’t! You know your FI pretty well, and the date and location all make sense. AND If it doesn’t happen I am sure it is still right around the corner and it will only be a few more days. I know the feeling of being desperate those last couple of days and driving yourself crazy–just try to stay super busy with other things. Work, home improvement projects, HELL, make a detailed budget. Go grocery shopping. ANYTHING, I swear it helps. haha

Good luck, I am super excited for you–I really want you (and some of the other fellow bees that were waiting with us) to join me on the other side of the waiting fence so I can see your posts in the “Wedding Related” Board. : ) I will be waiting for an update around 8/8.

Post # 16
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

@ColoradoGirl:  I would try to change your perspective and be HAPPY rather than view this as some sentence.  This is the last time you will have a BF, the last time you will have this anticipation, etc.  How LUCKY you are that you have found someone you want to spend your life with, I have friends who would kill for that.   Life is pretty good if this is the hardest thing you are dealing with right now. 

Sorry if I am being harsh, but I don’t believe that it helps at all to talk about how hard waiting is.  Life is too short.

The topic ‘20 days – can't I just sleep through them?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors