(Closed) 20 days from wedding and may need to cancel due to medical issues

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 31
3014 posts
Sugar bee

Could you postpone the wedding but not the marriage itself?

I am tempted to say leave the bright lights and dresses and reception for three months.  Just go ahead with the marriage ceremony on the planned day in the safety of a darkened room.

Post # 32
1189 posts
Bumble bee

Sending you the best wishes and hoping you feel better soon.

Have you talked to your doctors about this? I think that’s the most important thing. If you could really go temporarily blind from the schedule you have planned, I’d change it or cancel. Your health is the most important. If, on the other hand, your trusted medical team thinks you’ll be ok with sunglasses and some revisions, I’d trust that, and maybe see if you can switch to the evening instead.

Edit – I just read your update: “I’m pretty sure the wedding will be too much for me, but I dont want to deal with family fall out for cancelling.” Bee, I think you should cancel. Please don’t risk your health because you’re worried about family fall out. Trust that many people will care more about you and your health than anything else, and dispatch the Fiance to deal with anyone who doesn’t handle this well.

I hope you feel better soon!

Post # 33
1189 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Supersleuth :  I love that idea. Perhaps the vendors will be more sympathetic than you fear, OP, given the urgency of your situation. It sounds really romantic to have a private wedding on your planned day, and then have the public ceremony and party once you’re healthy again.

Post # 34
2165 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: NJ

I have glaucoma, and I have had retinal detachment, and cataract surgery. So I know just what you feel, Bee! I have lived with eye issues for about the last 15 years, and I always will.

If you are cleared to go back to work, then you should be ok for your wedding. Ask your doctors point blank and if they say it’s ok, then I would trust that. Heck, I have trusted them, times when I asked mine if such and such was ok, given my problems over the years.

If you are in sunglasses during the reception, and don’t get as rowdy as you’d like, no biggie. Even if you have the glasses on in some pictures, so what.

Post # 35
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2017

You can do the ceremony in a tent, so that you can avoid the sun.  also ask people not to take pictures to avoid the flashes  and leave early so that your guest can party and you can rest.

The topic ‘20 days from wedding and may need to cancel due to medical issues’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors