(Closed) 20 kittens in a box…

posted 8 years ago in Pets
  • poll: What kitty should I get?
    Box kitten (this weekend, happy early bday gift!) : (162 votes)
    79 %
    Pound/Shelter kitten (in 2 weeks, on DH actual bday) : (42 votes)
    21 %
  • Post # 3
    Hostess
    18641 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

So cute!  I think getting a kitten from anywhere would be a good idea, just make sure that you spay/neuter it, so you don’t have to worry about giving away more kittens later!

Post # 5
    610 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I say take him this weekend.  I am a true believe that pets choose you.  If it’s meant to be, your kitten will be there.  It really doesn’t matter if it’s Fiance actual birthday.  It’s the gift of love that counts.  Thanks for choosing a rescue.

Post # 6
    548 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

OMG what a great gift! Your Darling Husband is so lucky. I am dying for a kitten. Hopefully soon! Have fun choosing 🙂 Just take him on Friday and let him have an early birthday gift.

Post # 7
    2788 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

Oooh yes get a box kitten! I am so excited for you guys and your new furbaby! Post pics when you have them…

Post # 8
    2288 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

I say go with both and double the love!

Post # 9
    Bee
    1048 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2009 - City Hall

I voted box kitten because if homes aren’t found for them, they’ll go to the shelter anyway. Usually kittens at the shelter will find homes – it’s the adults that they have trouble finding homes for (since everyone wants a kitten). So yeah. Box kitten. Mr. MJ and I planned to get a kitten from a shelter, but when my friend found one in her garage we took him instead because it was convenient (and he’d have gone to the shelter anyway!).

Post # 10
    1638 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

2 box kittens! We got our 2 cats at the same time and they just love eachother, I wouldn’t want either of them to be in a 1 cat household since they are so social! Kudos to you for saving a kittens life!!

Post # 12
    2788 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

Yay!!

I think they will bond with each other but will also bond with your dog. What I’ve found with cats is that the older they get the less likely they will be to bond with a new kitten/new animals; kittens are made for bonding!

What kind of dog do you have?

Post # 13
    610 posts
    Busy bee

It really depends on their personalities.  Go the seperated room acclamation route.  Keep the kittens in a closed off room for a week or two before letting get free roam of your place.  Bring your dog’s toys/bedding in to them so they can get the scent.   Do short supervised visits after a week.  Don’t get discouraged if it takes a while for them to accept each other.  It usually takes a couple of months, at least.  Just keep the “safe” room if they get overwhelmed.

We have 6 cats and they all get along very well (knock on wood).  We haven’t had any major fights between them, and I attribute that to slowly introducing them when a new cat comes in.

Post # 15
    610 posts
    Busy bee

Go for the surprise.  He’ll never see it coming Wink

Post # 16
    11325 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

I vote 2 kitties! Just make sure you have the money for vet bills. 2 cats is no more work than 1 (we have 2 cats and 1 dog fyi)… but it is double the vet bills. spay/neuter x 2, shots x 2, checkups x 2, random illnesses x 2… you get the idea 🙂

The topic ‘20 kittens in a box…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors