(Closed) 20 months a long engagement?

posted 9 years ago in Logistics
Post # 18
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Our engagement date was 12/17/10 and our wedding date is 10/13/12. We’ll have been engaged for 22 months by the time we get married. Time will fly. 

Post # 19
352 posts
Helper bee

When I get married it will be 21 months. I can’t wait for it to get here. But it doesn’t seem “too” long.

Post # 20
886 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

it really depends on the couple and what’s going on in their lives. i am having a 15 month engagement and it is driving me crazy!! i’m a super planner and had everything planned waaaay in advance so the waiting is making me really impatient. however, there is a reason we picked the date that we did and if it were any earlier, i probably would have been complaining that i didn’t have enough time…

Tongue Out

Post # 21
1920 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I have an 18 month engagement. Is it long? Sure felt like it for a while. However, now I’m 3 months out and am freaking out wondering where the time went! The great thing about a long engagement though is you have so much time to research, look through inspiration and change your mind multiple times before committing to anything. I know my wedding would have been very different if I had a shorter engagement. 

Post # 22
3450 posts
Sugar bee

It’s not long at all! We’ll be engaged over 4 1/2 years when we finally get married 🙂

Post # 23
1179 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

We had an 18 month engagment and now we are like 4 months away and I don’t know what the &*^%! happened?

Post # 24
2657 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Our total engagement will be two years. 20 months is not long at all. Trust me. It will go by fast! 

When we were at the 2 years time I was like wow two years is LONG, but now we are at the 10 month point and the time has flown by sooooo quick!!!

Post # 25
3063 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Yeah it’s pretty long! We’ve been engaged just over a year and have another year to go and I am getting anixous! The good part about it though is you can start buying things here and there now to lessen the bulk cost closer to the wedding. I bought my wedding gown about six months ago and his wedding band maybe 4 months ago. 🙂

Post # 26
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

It is long but there’s nothing wrong with a long engagement!

Post # 27
276 posts
Helper bee

My engagement will be 19 months.  It is long but tempus fugit!

Post # 28
219 posts
Helper bee

our engagement is going to be almost exactly 24 months.  The upside is you will be able to lock down all of the vendors that you want from starting early!  =)  It’s working for us and sure there were times where I wish we were already married but now it’s less than 6 months and time is flying by!  =)

The topic ‘20 months a long engagement?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors