(Closed) 20 something brides: What were you doing 10 years ago?

posted 8 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 3
3671 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I was in 7th grade, in band and in chorus plus in honors classes.  And actually I was a home room representative because one of my friends got everyone to vote for me and another girl we knew as a joke.  10 years from now I plan to be married, have two maybe three kids, and be successful in a career that I’m still unfortunately wavering on. 

Post # 4
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

10 years ago I was in 7th grade, I was a cheerleader and played soccer

10 Years from now I hope to have 3 kids and a successful bridal beauty business! and still happily married to my best friend!

Post # 6
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

10 yrs ago I was 16 and in 10th grade. I was on the volleyball and soccer team and didn’t have a care in the world 🙂

10 yrs from now I hope to have 2 kids & still married to my now fiance. I also hope to be a successful insurance agent !

Post # 7
7777 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Um…. I was in 7th grade? I think… That was my pagan/”I think I’m a witch!” phase.I played in the orchestra as well as doing art and drama.

10 years from now, I want to have a masters degree, a position as a professor at a university and MAYBE start TTC.

Post # 8
1801 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I was in 7th grade, my last year in private school.  I permed my hair (big mistake!) and played softball.  Yikes, what a year that was.

In 10 years I plan to have 2-4 kids, finally be done with all of my degrees, and living in an owned home.

Post # 9
5262 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

10 years ago I was in 5th grade! Crazy. Horses were my life back then. I would have lived at the barn had my parents let me. 

10 years from now – hopefully will be done with grad school and a practicing clinical Psychologist. 

Post # 11
687 posts
Busy bee

My Fiance and I started “going out” 10 years ago! I was 15 in 9th grade and he was 16 in 10th grade. hahaha. So funny to think about now. I ran track and cross country, was in honor society and band and chorus. In 10 years I hope to be a successful physical therapist (graduating this spring yay!) I also hope that I am a loving wife and mother!

Post # 13
687 posts
Busy bee

@trugem: Thanks so much!! What kind of business are you hoping to start?

Post # 14
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Fun post!!

I was 14…so I was in high school I guess, probably getting into some kinda trouble and thinking I was wayyyyy cooler than I actually was.

Crazy how 10 years can turn your world around!

Post # 15
5147 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

10 years ago I was a senior in high school. My school-affiliated activies were forensics and scholars’ bowl (quiz bowl).  I worked part time at a small-town grocery store. I took dance lessons 2-3 times a week (pointe, jazz, tap, lyrical), and babysat 2 little girls on those nights.  I was kind of a goth chick back then. I was dating my ex-husband; who was a varsity basketball player, so I spent a lot of times going to his games. I nearly lived in my car, and was driving about 600 miles a week between school, activies, work, and social life.

10 years from now, I expect to be married, have 2 kids, and live in the southeast of the US. I hope to have a career in holistic nutrition at that point. (I’m currently a web developer, but I want to eventually move into a career where I work with people more on a topic I am passionate about.)

Post # 16
2318 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Hmm ten years ago I was in secondary school, TRL and pop stars were my life and I was probably at that stage in life where I was obssessed with my second ear piercing.

Ten years from now I hope to be home with my best friend in the world, relaxing with our kids after a fulfilling day at work.

The topic ‘20 something brides: What were you doing 10 years ago?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors