(Closed) 20 something brides: What were you doing 10 years ago?

posted 10 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 152
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I was 13, so I was in 8th grade on the dance team and in school plays. 10 years from now, I think I’ll be taking my kids to kindergarten and hopefully own my own little cupcake shop or something of the sort.

Post # 153
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

10 years ago I was 14. A freshman in high school, friends with the outcast group–Goths, stoners, etc. I was busily planning my escape from the Bible Belt. I fully intended to move to NYC. I wanted to be a starving artist–live in a loft, be friends with painters and writers and musicians, maybe have a drama filled relationship with a hot foreigner. You know, the dream of every 14 year-old girl.

10 years from now, I will be 34. I hope to have two elementary school aged children and a career I’m happy with. I’d like to own my own restaurant or teach. And I hope to high heaven that I don’t still live in this city in the Bible Belt.

Post # 154
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

10 years ago I was 15 and had a crazy quinceanera,I was in 9th grade all honor classes and dreaming about college. Oh and had never had a boyfriend or been kissed. 

Now I will graduate with my MSW in May from USC yay!!!

10 years from now I hope to be a professor of Social work with a PHD of course and have a loving family. : ) 

Post # 155
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

10 years ago i was 12. i was in 7th grade. I was just getting ready to move with my family to a new city in a new province. I was saying good bye to life long friends and looking forward to a new adventure and new friends.

In 10 years i want to have 2 children. Have a much larger house. Possibly another dog. Go back to school for hair and make-up, cooking or possibly massage therapy. Do some more travelling with my now fiance and soon to be husband. Open a cupcake business. 

Post # 156
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

I was in the 4th grade? I was an overweight bossy little girl who was trying to be popular. It was the year before my mom was diagnosed with Breast cancer, the year before 9/11.

10 years from now, I hope to be self employed with my own business built on the side of my house. Married with 2 dogs, and possibly pregnant? Looking forward to the future! 

Post # 157
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

10 years ago i was in grade 4 being a social outcast. I thought glasses with big round frames looked good, and had a crush on some douchey blond kid in my class.

in 10 years i see myself having at least one kid, but maybe 2, having a house and a couple cats, and making quite a bit more money than i make now.

Post # 158
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

10 years ago i was 13 in middle school and had just started dating my FH, who will actually be my husband saturday!!!

In 10 years we will still be happily married our son will be 10 years old and maybe we will have 1 or 2 others!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 159
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

10 years ago I was 13. I was in 8th grade, in honoros classes, played violin, was obsessed with theater and being on stage, and spent all my free time with my church youth group.

Now I am a Special Ed teacher, can’t play the violin to save my life, still love theater (but now just sit in the audience), and still spend all my time at youth group – just now as a leader (and soon-to-be youth pastor’s wife) instead of a student haha.

In 10 years I plan to be celebrating my 10th anniversary, hopefully will be a stay at home wife, probably will have a kid, and most likely will still be doing youth ministry of some sort with the husband.

Post # 160
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

10 years ago this week, I was getting Bat Mitzvah’d. My fiance and I were attending the same middle school, and we shared some of the same friends.

10 years from now, I’d like to have my first child with my fiance. I’d like our kittens to be healthy cats. I hope my fiance and I will have great jobs that we both love, possibly one that lets one of us work from home. I hope my parents and his parents will be proud of us and happy in 10 years.

Post # 161
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

10 years ago I was a geeky freshman in high school! I think I was on a “boy” boycott because my second boyfriend had broken my heart. lol I was in marching band and went to dance classes several times a week.  

10 years from now I’ll hopefully still be establishing myself in my career and working my way up. I’ll have my master’s and hopefully some babies, too!

Post # 162
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I think I’m the youngest! 10 years ago, I was 9-years-old, in the 3rd grade, and obviously had no idea what I was going to do in life. 

In 10 years from now, I’ll be 29-years-old. I’ll be married to the love of my life and we’ll be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary. Hopefully we’ll have a child, a dog, and a house. I’ll also have my Master’s Degree and be working as a teacher. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 163
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Either Philadelphia City Hall or a small chapel.

I was in 5th grade. Lulz.

Post # 164
1578 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club

10 years ago I was 12! So I was in sixth grade, I think? I don’t remember! wahh.

I was a cheerleader, and I just started playing the trumpet. ๐Ÿ™‚ I was obsessed with a boy who moved across the world shortly after I decided I loved him. ๐Ÿ˜‰ haha. I was silly.

Post # 165
1004 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I was either “talking” to my high school crush, or had just started dating him. We broke up my senior year, and I refused to go to prom I was so heartbroken. Oh, young love…

Post # 166
3075 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - A court...

Being a ten year old, Lol. Ten years from now, hopefully a vet/ pastry chef (i still don’t know what i want to be when i grow up)

The topic ‘20 something brides: What were you doing 10 years ago?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors