(Closed) 20 something brides: What were you doing 10 years ago?

posted 9 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 167
2113 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I was in 7th grade hanging out with all the wrong people. My last year in band. I was in some honors classes. I was active in my church and almost made the volleyball team.

10 years from now, I plan on being married. I’ll have finished college by then. I’m hoping to have my own business or some other gig that I enjoy. Perhaps my then husband and I will be TTC.

Post # 168
Hostess
3571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

10 years ago: I was sixteen, a junior in high school. I was in band, on the dance team, and worked part time at a local ice cream place. I was dating my high school boyfriend and starting to get serious about which college I wanted to do my undergrad at. 

10 years from now: I hope to have 2 little ones, a happy marriage, and either be living abroad again, or getting ready to. Hopefully Darling Husband will be teaching somewhere after finishing his phd. 

Post # 169
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

10 years ago I was in 7th grade, mostly doing weird pre-teen stuff with my friends like experimenting with different kinds of make up (no, mom! Blue eyeliner with blue eyeshadow and fake eyelashes with dark red lipstick does not make me look cheap! It’s cool! Lol).

In 10 years I will hopefully be done having kids, and Fiance and and I have a business plan so I’m hoping that is going somewhere. If not I will probably be a stay at home mom.

Post # 170
1161 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@trugem:  10 years ago I was also in 9th grade, a band geek, and extremely self conscious! Now I’m a college graduate, professional, and much more sure of myself…still working on that area. 10 years from now I hope to be living in an awesome house, more in love with FH than ever, with a couple kids, and owning our own business. Hopefully we will also be able to vacation a lot more by then as well. 

Post # 171
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - rolling hills of southern italy

I was a junior, pretty depressed about school and being grounded a lot. Bought a300$ car, worked in my dad’s law office, had a BLAST with my friends, aaannddd had no idea that so much awesome adventure was in store for me!

in ten years hopefully I will be a court certified interpreter making enough money that my husband (to be) and I can chase his dream of openings restaurant, and perhaps. PERHAPS I will have a 5 yr old or so. Maybe.

Post # 172
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 1999

I was in first year at uni and had been with my boyfriend (now fiancee) for ayear and a half. I was loving life, loving uni and missing my boyfriend (we went to different unis!).

Opps ! Forgot the 10 years from now!

In 10 years from now I hope to be sitting in my own house (I’m in a crummy freezing cold rented apt now) with a baby or two around my legs. Cats feature heavily and I will be planning my 10th wedding anniversary! Hopefully a world tour coz we is rich now – won the lottery! (I can only hope!)

Post # 173
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

10 years ago I was in 8th grade I believe, just starting to become more self-conscious and such…never thought 5 years later I would meet my first boyfriend and my now future husband! Needless to say it was a major self-esteem and confidence booster! In 10 years I’m hoping we have 1 or 2 kids by then, good careers, and I REALLY want to be doing very well in the wedding photography business!

Also, dogs…lots of dogs.

Post # 174
6240 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

lol! in 2003, I was 12 and in the 7th grade. 10 years from now i see myself running my own business and with three kids

Post # 175
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I was about to turn 14, going through a goth phase and spending all my spare time and money going to gigs.

In ten years time I will have my PhD, be lectuing and researching and hopefully have a couple of kids with my husband!

Post # 176
449 posts
Helper bee

Hmm, 10 years ago I was in 5th grade? Yeah, 10 years old. I thought I was so incredibly cool back then. 

10 years from now….I’ll be married. Probably with one kid, maybe two, or working on another. I’ll spend my days writing/performing music and traveling. 

Post # 177
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@kat2014:  Oh yeah, forgot to mention that in my post as well…I went through a “punk” phase and went to lots of shows πŸ™‚ Still similar now but about half the punk-ness and never have time for shows anymore πŸ™

Post # 178
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

ten years ago I was 11 and in 7th grade and didn’t have a single care in the world! I dont even think I had my first crush yet. I did meet my bestfriend that year, though! Nothing else too exciting…

ten years from now… I will be 31! I hope to be done with shcool, which seems never ending and have my own business. I would like to have at least 2 more kids, and be in our forever home. And I would also like a saint bernard πŸ™‚

Post # 179
3183 posts
Sugar bee

10 years ago I was a senoir in high school. I worked at a seafood restaurant and I thought flipped out short hair on me looked great. I was a shy but smart kid who took a lot of honors and AP classes. I was so ready to leave home and go to college! I was also looking forward to senior prom. I thought five hours of sleep was a wonderful thing and that I could drink caffeine whenever and be fine. I was so sure I was going to make the world’s best high school Social Studies teacher.

Right now, I am 27 years old. I work for the state and I am no longer a teacher. I am looking forward to getting married. I am still a bit introverted but not so much anymore. I am still a generally smart kid who now works out more than I read. I live with my FH and it is great! I also have a cutie-pie puppy. I get at least 8 hours of sleep every night and have only one cup of coffee in the morning.

10 years from now, I hope to have one or two kids and have a house. I hope to have been promoted several times at least. I want to keep up with my work outs and eating healthy but still be a supermom. I hope to learn how to get by with less sleep. Oh, if FH has it his way, we would also be on our way to colonize Mars.

Post # 180
3419 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Manhattan Church Rec Center

I was a Sophmore in High School. I had just had my sweet 16. I was desperately in love with Justin Timberlake (still am). My high school boyfriend were on our way towards breaking up. 

10 years later I am working in Theater, which was the goal. Am getting married. Financially stable and not living at home! I got my college degree and am working towards my master’s degree. I think 16 year old Sapph would be proud of me. 

In 10 years I hope to have a child. I hope to own a home. I hope to be as HAPPY as I was when I woke up this morning. I hope to be healthy. I hope to still have my family with me. I hope to still have my beloved by my side and that he is forfilled and as happy as I am, as happy as he was when he woke up this morning πŸ™‚

In 10 years I hope to be making an impact and difference in the lives of young people  through Theater. I hope to impact communities. Teach about empathy through theatrical experiences. 

Post # 181
1475 posts
Bumble bee

10 years ago I was a sophmore in high school and taking driver’s ed.

In 10 years I hope to be happily married, with 3 kids and 2 dogs.

The topic ‘20 something brides: What were you doing 10 years ago?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors