(Closed) 20 something brides: What were you doing 10 years ago?

posted 9 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 182
390 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

10 years ago I was 12 and in 6th grade. I was actually in my 2nd year of 6th grade(got held back). I was in band.

10 years from now I plan on being married and popping out a couple of babies. Hopefully being the lead teacher in a preschool.

Post # 183
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

10 years ago I was a cheerleader who couldn’t wait to go to college, move as far from my small hometown as possible, and be a lawyer. I’ve since changed my career choice, but I did go to college and move basically to the other side if the world. Two out of three isn’t bad.

Post # 184
1069 posts
Bumble bee

In the process of buying my first condo and settling into my first “real” job while attending school full time… and partying. A lot.

Post # 185
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

10 years ago, I was 16, had just gotten my licence and an art nut.  I was readying my portfolio for college, taking several art classes at the local university and taking several extra art classes.  I ended up switching over to Math by my senior year.  I still miss the creative process but I like my job now. 

I had also started dating a guy who would last 2 years.  He definitely loved me and was a sweetheart, but even then I could already tell we wanted different things in life (he was a high school drop out).

Currently, I do math all day long at work and I get my creative juices flowing through cooking/baking. 

In 10 years I would have liked to take a more senior roll at my company, taking on more clients, and become a shareholder.  I would also like 2 kids and to still be married to my Fiance.

Post # 186
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

10 years ago I was in grade 6!! Which is the year I met my Fiance. We started dating 2 years later in grade 8 (: 

10 years from now I will be a RN and Fiance will be doing something in the film industry, we will have 2-3 kids plus our 2 cats and will be living in our house (:

Post # 187
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

10 years ago I was finishing up my 6th grade year being very nerdy and into academics (which I guess I still am) and really into my crazy horse-loving phase (which I still love horses but dear God in 6th grade horses were all I talked about).

10 years from now I will have completed my DVM and will be practicing as a Mixed Animal Vet (with either exotics/small animal or large animal/small animal I have not decided yet and will let school and clinical rotations help me figure that out). Happily married to my best friend and the love of my life, finally own my first horse (one of my life long dreams that has yet to be fullfilled), have a couple of other furry friends that I plan to rescue, and either have had my first child already or planning one!

Post # 188
5006 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2018

Finishing 4th grade. I was 10. 

10 years from now, I’d like to have my Master’s Degree in Teacher Leadership and have 2 kids. 

Post # 189
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Ten years ago, I was in year 5, my little sister was almost here ( born in June!), and it was my second year at a new school. I played netball, and dreamt of being a teacher one day. 

In ten years from now I will be married, own a home, (or more likely, be paying off a mortgage) I will be a primary school teacher, and I will have 2 or 3 childreN. I will be watching my children grow, and follow their own dreams. 

Post # 190
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I was in high school and had a job working for my mom’s business. I was in the marching band and I had been dating a guy for about a year (that relationship ended when he went off to college). 

In 10 years, I’ll be DONE having kids, whatever that means for me. I’m not going to try to have biological kids past my mid 30’s, so if it hasn’t worked out after trying for 10 years (!!!) we’ll be looking at other options. I hope I’ll have my bachelor’s degree by then. 

Post # 191
278 posts
Helper bee

Whoops, double post!

Post # 192
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I would have nearly been starting highschool by this fall. I get in a fight with family and decide to live with my mom in NC (who later drug me around all the way to south florida for most of my teenage years)

I was teeming on the teen rebellion part of my life. I was strong, charming, talented. I took Tae kwon do, made school clubs, protested school reforms, and didn’t take crap from ANYONE, including adults..(they were not really interested in getting in my way anyway as i was already standing at 5’11 tall at that age)…but i was clever enough to weasel my way out of anything with good sharp-tongue for speaking behind me.

I didn’t plan on getting married at the age of 22 to a redneck on the gulf of alabama, but eh, things happen. I was planning really to get my BA in anything to just get a job with my Dad who is a resident of Japan (and wants me to live over there super bad) teaching english.

Wow do plans change.

Crap I forgot to add what I’ll be doing in ten years. Hoping to raise me some youngins..and hopefully write a book or two to get published at least.

Post # 193
495 posts
Helper bee

10 years ago I was wrapping up my senior year of high school, editing the school paper, working at the mall and itching to go to college. I was in the middle of a pretty boring relationship.

10 years from now I’ll be a successful attorney and own a home with my husband.

Post # 194
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Fun Fact: Exactly 10 years from the day we are getting married, I would have been reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the book with the longest waiting period of years in between which was published that day. There was just so much anticipation.

This is a fun fact for me since I am a die hard Potterhead 😀 

Post # 195
103 posts
Blushing bee

@MmeSilverBullet:  I like how you also wrote what you’re doing now 🙂 so I’m going to keep that trend.

10 years ago: I was 15, in HS, working at McDonalds. I played in the school band.

Present: I’m working on my PhD in medical physics. I play in a community concert band and a military band.

10 years from now: I hope to finally be done school. Crossing my fingers it will only be two more years from now. And I hope to have a successful career (though I have no idea what I’m going/want to do) and own a home.

The topic ‘20 something brides: What were you doing 10 years ago?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors